The FastDay Forum

The Foodies Corner

33 posts Page 1 of 3
What's for Sunday dinner?
02 Jun 2013, 06:52
So what are all the nonfasters having for Sunday dinner tonight? For us it's steak, celeriac mash(first attempt) carrots and kale chips. All washed down with a glass or two of red and then a berry crumble.
Then tomorrow I fast!
Re: What's for Sunday dinner?
02 Jun 2013, 07:34
Quite frankly I don't know, it will be a surprise as it always is, OH does the cooking :) :)
02 Jun 2013, 07:35
Sounds yum. I think I'll make babaganoush. Japanese aubergines are so nice.
02 Jun 2013, 07:50
Turkey, roast and mashed potatoes, Yorkshire puds with lots of veg.

I try to do a full Sunday dinner for the family, to make up for skinny meals the rest of the week.
I will have my usual porridge for breakfast and skip lunch, so not too bad a day.
My Weigh-in day is Sunday so I have a full week to work Sunday dinners off. I fast on a Monday so look at Sunday as a more relaxed day.
02 Jun 2013, 08:41
grandchildren will be around for the usual sunday roast its chicken with roast potatoes, swede, carrots, peas, brocoli, spinich, sprouts and banoffee pie ,then tomorrow its fast day for me :)
02 Jun 2013, 09:28
Heading out for lunch. I'm learning to drive, have my test on 11th July, so Sunday is a good day to head out for a bit of practice and it's a good excuse to go to different places round the island for lunch. We're heading down to the South of the island it's a lovely day so might get to see some seals sunning themselves on the rocks while we eat at a restaurant on the coast. Probably a nice Sandwich for me, a BLT maybe, hubby will probably have fish and chips
02 Jun 2013, 09:42
I did a big cooking day to day with what I have planned between 5:2 16/8 thought I would set DH up with some goodies.

So did a pork & beans casserole in the slow cooker, baked some bread and made a pear & cherry pie. Meanwhile I didn't indulge too much as I was keen to hop on scales at the gym. Wish I hadn't ...

So back on the 5:2 wagon tomorrow fasting and walking our dog is the plan. Luckily DH has his supplies :)
02 Jun 2013, 09:46
We had soup with nice crusty homemade bread. Cold and rainy, so perfect weather for it.
02 Jun 2013, 09:50
We normally just eat once on a Sunday in the lat afternoon. Most likely it will be the biggest roast chicken salad you've ever seen made with lettuce, tomato, cucumber, peppers, sweetcorn, celery and of course roast chicken.

And then we pour LOADS of Ceaser sauce on the top, with croutons and Parmesan shavings. And then we stuff it down with huge great doorsteps of bread and proper butter.

So glad we're fasting tomorrow!! :lol:
02 Jun 2013, 09:51
Ratatouille and seabass! Love celeriac btw, my best tip is to cook it until soft, but don't let it get too mushy, drain well and tip back into pan, very low heat and add a generous knob of butter and mash like there's no tomorrow!
02 Jun 2013, 10:08
Ooh I'd love a roast dinner but it becomes a lot of effort when you're cooking for one!
I might have a stir fry with chicken or fish, not sure which until I head to the shops
02 Jun 2013, 10:39
Roast pork, new potatoes carrots and beans, creme caramel for afters.
02 Jun 2013, 10:52
I cook up a storm on sundays for the following week.
For dinner we had home made beef hamburgers on turkisk roll, cheese and pineapple, caramalised onion all cooked on the BBQ.(by the way I could only eat half!!! thanks to 5.2) For tomorrow I've made sweet corn fritters (google Bill Granger Corn fritters)first time I've made it and they are SO good.= slow roasted roma tomatoes and smashed garlick potatoes. Secretly I'm really looking forward to Mondays dinner=obviously not a fast day! : )
02 Jun 2013, 11:26
Pub first for our Sunday lunchtime drink and then roast gammon, roasted beet root and orange salad with salad leaves from the garden.
02 Jun 2013, 12:20
Hey we sure all cook up a storm
Don't you just love this thread
Thanks wineoclock
33 posts Page 1 of 3