The FastDay Forum

The Foodies Corner

31 posts Page 2 of 3
Yes, I'm getting my coconut oil from them. I'm in a local food buying group and we order once a month wholesale from them. Just non-perishables right now - we've been going about a year. I always try and buy locally for fresh food as much as I can but living in Yorkshire, Suma are withing 30 miles of us too and I like their ethics.

Sorry everyone else, we might be hijacking the thread here if we're not careful!

Back to coffee - I do like a really good quality espresso, and when I'm in the mood for it I can drink it short and strong, but on a daily basis it's a standard splash of milk for me, but it has to be good quality coffee.
Hi, I'm just new here... thanks :)
I drink coffee everyday, it usually needs substantial sweetening (chocolate helps, too). I love hot tea but don’t bother to make it as often as I would like to drink it. I've wanted one of these machines for about a year now and just haven’t been able to justify the cost, never mind having no counter space to park it. I still really want one, though.
Love my Jura coffee machine couldn't live without it. Mother in law and my parents have the Aldi pod machine, it's pretty good and cheap.
welcome to the forums Mrsici!
I'm a naughty girl with a Nespresso, btw. It's the only coffee I can drink black, so it's kind of crucial for fast days. We get the bags for recycling the pods, so I don't think they're too terrible. At least they're pure aluminum, and so can be recycled, unlike the Keurig brewers.
I have an espresso machine. There is a bit of faffing about to make a coffee but it is well worth it IMHO. I drink a strong long black (or a long black mocha). I put the coffee grinds into the compost so my plants are happy too.
Tracieknits wrote: welcome to the forums Mrsici!

Thanks!... It's mscici here, :)
I'm far too lazy to faff about with a machine and I wouldn't have room for one either. Nor do I like flavoured coffee. I use one of these. It makes a decent cup of coffee and it stays warm. What more could a girl want?
http://cookshoppl.cart.net.au/details/594601.html
Ack - sorry about that Msici!
I have a DeLonghi coffee machine like this one http://www.johnlewis.com/de'longhi-ec33 ... p231655084. I got it a couple of years ago after a lot of research - it was highly rated - and use it every day. I even took it to my parents' at Christmas - just couldn't be without my daily fix!
My new water filter jug has arrived and BLIMEY the difference in taste is HUGE. Have I been drinking scum all these years? Not sure about the coffee machine, many thanks for all your input, I'll just enjoy this super fresh water for a while!
Amazing the difference that decent water can make! You'll find it makes a better cup of tea too!
I've got this in polished steel not white.
http://www.johnlewis.com/dualit-dcm2x-c ... our=Canvas White#tabinfo-ratings

It makes a great coffee with a nice crema and the milk foams really well. It takes the pods too but I boycott nestle and don't mind using ground coffee although it's a bit of a faff when I'm rushing around in the mornings needing my fix :smile:
We LOVE them! I got my first espresso machine in about 1982 - a friends mother worked for a large dept store and was given one - I used it them - tho it wasn't anywhere near as good as the latest ones. I had various jobbies over the years until I visited my cousin 2 years ago and he had a Breville...I thought this won't be very good - however it has some 'crema system' - off I went and I got the smallest one on special for $105. It makes excellent espresso with crema every time. Coffee is regular ground - much cheaper than pods - and I have used the pod at a friends and it's one size fits all, where as with grounds u can adjust strength - also it has a milk frother. I use it at least 4X a day. I LOVE it and couldn't live without it
My mom just got one of the machines that takes pods, but also has a filter insert that takes regular ground coffee. She likes weak coffee and the pods are too strong for her (I used some of the stronger ones three times before throwing them away!). I can't remember the brand name. I can find out if anyone is interested.

The machine we have at work makes a fresh cup from coffee beans. It's pretty awesome, but I imagine stupidly expensive.
31 posts Page 2 of 3