The FastDay Forum

The Foodies Corner

8 posts Page 1 of 1
This may be a dumb question, but I have a feeling they may be the same thing - pork fillet is the UK term while pork tenderloin is the US term (and not to be confused with pork loin, which is a different part of the animal). Is that right? I'm trying to find fast-friendly (and non-fast-friendly at the same time) recipes for a pork fillet I have taken out of the freezer, but a Google search for "pork fillet diet recipes" has only turned up "pork tenderloin diet recipes" and they all seem to be on US sites. If they're interchangeable I can handle the rest of the "conversion" from the US (being American myself you would think I could handle it!), but I just wasn't sure.

Any ideas on what to do with this pork fillet/tenderloin also very gratefully received!
You're right, they're just different words for the same thing. I've actually always called them tenderloins although it's usually sold as pork fillet over here :) Probably my fave cut of pork, so lean!
Thanks Moogie - great to know.

(I think I may accidentally have posted this twice - do feel free to delete one.)
Already did ;) x
Pork tenderloin is my favourite cut of pork also :heart:
I keep it simple with steamed potatos and vegetables and the only ''processed '' food I buy creamed mushrooms ( chesswoods))
Have made my own sauce but not quite got it as nice flavour as bought one, love this meal but not a fastday meal obviously. Sue :clover:
I wrote a post but it seem to disappeared ....
In Swedish that part is called "fläskfilé" and when talking English, I translate it directly "filet of pork".
Along with pork chops (with or without bone) this is my favorite piggy part since you can do so much with it.
In the summer I do Souvlaki; cut the meat in cubes. Make a marinade with olive oil(2tbs maybe, but it's only a marinade), lemon juice, crushed garlic, chopped fresh rosemary, salt and freshly ground black pepper. Put it all in a plastic bag, massage (from the outside all around so the meat is covered, let sit in the fridge for a couple of hours. Put bamboo skewers in water (so they don't burn up), thread the meat on the skewers and grill until done. If you fast - serve it with a salad, if not - serve with grilled bread (and fries, optional) and - tzatsiki :-) Yummy as it comes.
Thank Wolfie that sounds wonderful and to much info on what has become an unexpected fast day :like: will do nicely on tomorrows 16:8 after my weekly weigh-in :heart: Sue. :heart:
Thanks Sue.Q and Wolfie - will keep those in mind. I think for tonight's dinner I'm going to go with this recipe:

http://www.eatingwell.com/recipes/musta ... rloin.html

With some roasted butternut squash and braised pearl barley dinner comes in at around 326 calories (I will be dividing the recipe into 5, not 4). I'm looking forward to it!
8 posts Page 1 of 1