The FastDay Forum

Forum & Progress Tracker Help

16 posts Page 1 of 2
New scales problem
26 May 2013, 14:43
I've just treated myself to some super dooper digital scales with fat and water analyzing facility.
The problem is that I am weighing 3 kilos more. :frown:
I'd like to edit my starting weight to 3 kilos more to keep all my stats on track.
Ah well. Another 3 kilos to go till my first target of 65 kilos. :confused:
Please can you tell me how to go about changing my starting weight on the tracker. :heart:
Re: New scales problem
26 May 2013, 14:48
Can't help you with the tech side, but exactly the same thing happened to me not 3 kilos but a few pounds. :frown:
26 May 2013, 15:07
Best to ask Moogie. I think she can edit the trackers.
26 May 2013, 15:14
Sians I'm not too upset as I know I have lost the same amount of weight.
If anything it's made me more determined to reach my 65 kilo target.
I wore my jeans last night that I'd being using as a measure.
When I started I could just get them over my thighs and there was no way they could meet in the middle.
Last night I didn't even feel like I had them on if you know what I mean. It's such a good feeling.
For the first time EVER I have a waist despite having been very thin until I had my children.
26 May 2013, 15:23
It seems that very old and brand new scales show more weight, arghhhhhh!!!

I am going to get in my skinny jeans first, and then buy me new scales to start over. If I get in them, I won't care how much the scales show but now it will be a minor tragedy if they show more!!!
26 May 2013, 16:46
I had just the same experience! How come nobody has reported that their new scales showed them weighing LESS? It's a mystery!
26 May 2013, 18:54
emeken wrote: I had just the same experience! How come nobody has reported that their new scales showed them weighing LESS? It's a mystery!

Ok, I'll admit it - mine do that :wink: .

My new-ish scales are also quite susceptible to uneven floor surfaces which can result in large variations in the weight they think I am. Finding that a bit annoying as I don't know what is the true figure!

On the plus side my waist is finally going down in size so that is more reliable and I am able to wear smaller sized clothes now.

So I have lost a lot but couldn't say precisely how much as I don't really trust the start figure (using my old scales) and am not sure about the current total (using the new ones). I suspect I am now a healthy weight but just need to get my waist down a bit to be sure.
26 May 2013, 19:31
Rachel if the uneven floor is your problem, I have the solution. Find a big, heavy book (like those old-fashioned encyclopaedias or those huge art books) and place it between the floor and the scales. Another solution is to do the same with a big, heavy flooring square stone but it is not as easy to find as the book ;-)
26 May 2013, 19:45
We always try to match our older, mechanical, scale up with the doctor's office scale so it won't be such a shocker. :curse:
27 May 2013, 00:27
Well that does it, I'm sticking to the old ones, they arent moving downwards at the moment but at least their not going up 3 kilos.
27 May 2013, 01:12
you might need to calibrate the scales. Did the new scales come with a manual? 3kg sounds a bit excessive, but uncalibrated (especially home) scales varying by 1-2 kg is probably the norm. I suppose it's more likely that your old scales were off...

As I was measuring myself this morning, I was thinking how arbitrary measurements are. Let the tape measure slip a bit, or suck in a bit, or whatever, and you get a different number. I guess scales are a bit arbitrary too.
27 May 2013, 07:52
That's why having a steady indicator is the best. A pair of non-elastic jeans, for example, that didn't fit and now does is the best proof that we are thinner.
27 May 2013, 11:43
Wise words TML13 - I have a pair of jeans that fulfil that function.

A few months ago I struggled to get them up over my thighs never mind any further up. Later today I am going to try doing them up as I can now get them on.

The next challenge will be sitting down while wearing them and feeling comfortable! When I get to that point I might be able to wear them properly.
27 May 2013, 11:49
I was sure that you were going to say "the next challenge will be sitting down while wearing them and tying my shoes", LOL!!!

Sadly, I'm 4 or 5 kilos away from my target jeans but only a kilo or so from doing another pair up. Not a target pair but I'll be happy to wear them soon, after a looooooooong time.
27 May 2013, 11:53
Its great when you can wear stuff again isn't it? I found a summer jacket today in my wardrobe which I haven't been able to wear for years - it is wearable now although I can only do one button up - hurrah for the fact I can get it on and it isn't cutting off the circulation in my arms!
16 posts Page 1 of 2