The FastDay Forum

Forum & Progress Tracker Help

13 posts Page 1 of 1
Not staying logged in!
27 Jun 2013, 17:48
Hi Moogie

For some reason, the website keeps logging me out every time I switch between pages in the forum. It is getting most annoying! Even when I log in, it says "take me back to previous page" and logs me straight back out two times out of three.

Just getting in to post this has taken three attempts!

Please could you look at the problem?

Thank you!

Clare
Re: Not staying logged in!
27 Jun 2013, 21:53
Sounds like a problem with your cookies, I would suggest logging out, clearing your cache and then try to log in again.

The problem may resolve itself when you reboot your machine. What browser are you using by the way?
01 Aug 2013, 10:42
I have this problem, too. Using Chrome and I've now set it to clear cookies whenever I close the browser but it hasn't made any difference.
01 Aug 2013, 10:56
how long do you spend on a page ?
01 Aug 2013, 10:59
Have you tried clearing your cache completely? I haven't been able to replicate this problem at all in Chrome or any other browser so would have to guess it's a local setting on your system which is the problem :(
01 Aug 2013, 11:01
Me too.
01 Aug 2013, 11:25
I stay logged on on my iPad , but not on my computer. I use Firefox, sometimes I can leave a page open and go back to it and sometimes I can't . It is probably time related-I don't have this problem with other sites.
01 Aug 2013, 11:34
I was just going to reply to say I'd cleared the cache and it helped, but then it logged me out again twice while trying to respond. :confused:

It happens quite quickly - yesterday took four attempts to get into the progress tracker to update my log, and even if I'm typing a short reply like this one it tends to log me out when pressing submit.

Weird thing is it happens both at home (Mac) and work (PC) so apart from Chrome completely different set ups.
01 Aug 2013, 12:17
I don't get logged out while I am using the site only if I go to another site and leave this one open.
01 Aug 2013, 12:32
I'll look into it at the forum end and see if there's something here which might be causing it, though it doesn't seem to affect the majority of users.
01 Aug 2013, 12:37
Okay, I've done a couple of tweaks which may help. Seems it could be down to ISPs which change your IP address too frequently, I've changed the IP security check settings and also made a slight tweak to the sessions table in the database which apparently may help.

Fingers crossed!
There's one lower setting I can try if this doesn't solve it, but hopefully this has done it.
02 Aug 2013, 19:55
Hi Moogie,
I'm finding I can log into the site ok and even see my progress tracker page, but when I try to edit it or add data it just kicks me out of the site. Have tried clearing my browser cache but with no success. Help!
02 Aug 2013, 20:51
Will look into that for you ASAP!
13 posts Page 1 of 1