The FastDay Forum

Forum & Progress Tracker Help

11 posts Page 1 of 1
Unable to send PMs
18 Feb 2014, 15:46
Hoping someone can help me with this as I've looked round my settings etc. but am still unable to fix this so must be doing something wrong :confused:

I was trying to reply to a PM I received via the site from another member but each time I submit the message, it just sits in my Outbox and doesn't appear to send or transfer to my Sent box.

So I thought I would message an Administrtor for help but that just sits in my outbox too! Getting a bit frustrated by it now so just wondered if anyone on here might be able to point me in the right direction? Any advice about this would be gratefully received :heart:
Re: Unable to send PMs
18 Feb 2014, 15:54
Hi I think the message sits there until the recipient opens it :heart: Sue
18 Feb 2014, 15:55
Don't worry WestLondonChick, PMs will sit in your Outbox until they are read by the recipient. It is only then that they will move to your Sent Items.

Hope that clears it up! :)
18 Feb 2014, 15:59
Ohoh - thought I was doing something wrong so submitted my messages a couple of times each! :doh:

Many thanks @Sue.Q and @Jemima :heart: :heart:
18 Feb 2014, 16:03
:heart: Don't worry we've all made the same mistakes and then someone puts us on the right path. :heart:
I've only just learned how to delete a message after nearly
10 months lol
18 Feb 2014, 16:11
Hehe @Sue.Q- who knows what a mess I'll make of that when I get to that point! I'm not known for my technical ability :heart:
18 Feb 2014, 16:47
WestLondonChick wrote: Ohoh - thought I was doing something wrong so submitted my messages a couple of times each! :doh:

Many thanks @Sue.Q and @Jemima :heart: :heart:

Well, if they haven't been read yet you can delete them and no-one will be any the wiser!

Click on the box on the right hand side of each PM you want to delete, scroll down to the bottom of the list and change the dropdown to show 'delete marked' and click on Go. :)
18 Feb 2014, 16:58
We are all learning as we go along on here!
I didnt have a clue what tagging was til recently..
Also have just learnt for Jemima i can delete messages in my outbox.i have three in there that have sat there for months and never been read by those i sent them to
..i guess its time to delete them and thanks to @Jemima i now know i can! They have irritated me for the last six months! Thanks J X
18 Feb 2014, 17:13
Glad I could help, ladies! :grin:
24 Feb 2014, 12:22
Hi @CandiceMarie

Thank you for your message above - made me feel better that i wasn't the only one finding my way round how to do things :heart:
24 Feb 2014, 13:55
You're welcome WLC! X
11 posts Page 1 of 1