The FastDay Forum

Forum & Progress Tracker Help

4 posts Page 1 of 1
weight gain
03 Sep 2013, 10:23
:frown: I know that my period is supposed to start very soon, but this morning I weighed myself after fasting yesterday and I am up one kilo.....Very disappointing, considering I have a lot of weight to lose, but I will not give up! Has this ever happened to anyone else in this forum. Thanks for listening!
Re: weight gain
03 Sep 2013, 10:27
Don't worry Crazycat, it's not likely to be a real weight gain. You'd need to have consumed around 7,000 extra calories to see a fat gain of that amount. If your period is due it's probably just water retention. There's a really useful topic about the way the scales fluctuate here:
not-losing-weight-f27/5-2-diet-weight-gain-t1006.html
03 Sep 2013, 12:23
According to the scales yesterday I had gained 2 kilos. Today I had lost them again. Just look at the long term results.
And crazycat we used to have a cat called crazycat!!
03 Sep 2013, 12:44
Worry not the advice above is so true, can't do you a link but try to find Caroline's. post on water retention, all brilliant advice and the scales aren't always your best friend, try only weighing once per week after 2 nd fastday. Good Luck and stick with it deffo :clover: Sue
4 posts Page 1 of 1