The FastDay Forum

Fasting with Medical Conditions

17 posts Page 2 of 2
Well I think what you're doing re your blood pressure (ie not measuring for a bit) is very sensible - I know I have got completely obsessed with mine in the past and I'm sure, as you say that the anxiety that generates doesn't help at all. And considering all the weight you have lost then your BP is much better than it was previously anyhow. Hope it settles down soon.
Well, one thing that I learnt about this WOE is the effect of cortisol levels on blood pressure and until Carorees mentioned that in on my previous threads, I didn't realise that fasting would put such a huge amount of stress on the system, and could raise the cortisol levels by so much even with little else going on in my general life to cause any great stress. That might help to explain why my blood pressure has been a little bit higher with this WOE and so if that is the only possible explanation for that, that is something that I can happily live with.

For now, I'm just grateful that I've come to the end of another fasting day, and have completed all of my fasting for this week (I can say that with confidence as I will soon be off to bed for the night, thus ensuring that I can't sneak in any more calories from anywhere.
17 posts Page 2 of 2