The FastDay Forum

Fasting with Medical Conditions

8 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi, I've just finished a long bout of flu and bronchitis (2 weeks) and am wondering if I should be fasting today or not. I was feeling OK yesterday but this is my first real fast since I started feeling better two days ago and I feel exhausted and light-headed.
:heart: Listen to your body and don't fast today. :heart:
Thanks! Took your advice and ate a couple of pieces of toast. Shall try again next weeki!
I had gastroenteritis last week, and I have a cold and dreadful PMS this week. I did not fast this week.

I fasted for three days because of the gastroenteritis - not dieting, just too sick to eat. Since then I have been eating whenever I'm hungry - mostly nutritious food - and finding I'm just not eating very much because I'm sick with a cold. Yesterday was the first day that I actually ate to my TDEE. I have been tracking my calories, but not limiting my food, because I don't want to overstress my body but i do want to know what I'm doing to it.
I'd not fast until you feel entirely better - fasting stresses the body and if you're recovering from an illness then I'm sure it would be prudent to wait until you're better, non? Hope you are better soon.
Eat good nutritious food, your body will need the nutrition to rebuild and recover.
Thank you everyone for your help.
FWIW, I'm starting to feel better. Today was the first day I woke up not hungry - so I decided to do 16:8 today. If I keep improving, I may fast on Tuesday. I will decide on Tuesday at about lunchtime. I might just do 16:8 this week.

Hope this helps you judge what to do, and I hope you're feeling better :-)
8 posts Page 1 of 1