The FastDay Forum

Fasting with Medical Conditions

20 posts Page 2 of 2
It might have to do with which medicine your mother was given. Looks like there us a wide variation. Good to know as I am going in for a blood test experiment tomorrow. I stopped taking my statin and did 5:2. If I need to take something, my decision of what to take will be influenced by this
wendyjane wrote:
Lady Muck wrote: What is your number for LDL-P (should be on your NMR LipoProfile)? LDL-P, or ApoB, is one number indicator for the risk of coronary artery disease (CAD). If the LDL-P is high, you can then look at particle size.

Triglycerides, Ratio of Total cholesterol to HDL, Total HDL levels, etc. on their own are not more accurate predictors of the risk of CAD than LDL-P.

LDL-C is not the same as LDL-P.

Edited to add information.

In August 2012 I had an NMR LipoProfile test (which my nasty American insurance company wouldn't cover, BTW).
LDL-P 1821 (High)

Just saw this and, yes, it's high. That indicates a lot of inflammation, which is primarily due to oxidative damage or oxidation.

Four things causes this:

1. Smoking - so stop if you do
2. Stress - stopp stressing is easier said than done
3. Physical inactivity - move!
4. Poor nutrition - cut the sugar (sucrose, fructose, etc), starch (grains, etc), polyunsaturated (PUFA) oils and trans fatty acids (transfats)
Hi, @Lady Muck, thanks for reply.
As for the four things causing this,
1 Smoking - good god, never!
2. I do try not to stress, I'm not a type A person, but this is difficult to quantify nonetheless.
3. The biggie, I do exercise, but could certainly do more.
4. I started the thread by proclaiming that I have a very good diet, and as I said then, I really don't want to have an obsessive diet unless it's the last choice. I eat very little sugar, some other carbs but generally whole grains all the way, and certainly no trans fats!

So, in conclusion, isn't #5 the genetic cause? That is what my doctor has been saying.

My plan is to crank up the exercise routine and see if that helps by the end of 2014, when I'll turn 60 and schedule the heart scan.
"generally whole grains all the way"

You might want to cut these, particularly wheat, or opt for real whole grain products such as Ezekiel 4:9 breads, and also cut/reduce grain-fed meat.
20 posts Page 2 of 2