The FastDay Forum

Fasting with Medical Conditions

22 posts Page 2 of 2
Good luck with your next fast.

I try to think of it not as a diet but as a way of life and also, in the case of our illness, a treatment to help me feel better. It makes it all seem easier somehow.

For me, it was bad enough being completely exhausted most of the time, without being fat and exhausted!

Let us know how you get on.
I lost another 1lb this week :victory:
Great to hear you are still losing. Hope you feel better on your fasting days but it is still early days, and does get easier as time goes by :clover:
My goodness I ramble!
As far as I understand you have to work really hard for exercise to make a lot of difference losing weight. Something like 2 hours jogging to burn off a Mars bar = you know.
I regard myself as a couch potato, though I do push a wheelchair regularly. I am sure you'll lose weight so I am sure you'll lose weight on this diet. Listen to your body...
I haven't done any of the fancy calcs, I just eat under 600 cals on fast days and whatever I want on non fast days. I do however listen to my body and stop if I feel full. The diet has worked well - see my blog.
Since starting the diet I have found it hard to over eat, because I feel full up: I mean with my mind I know I can eat more but my body says full. It is a sensation I haven't had for years. Sometimes I think its a psychological fraud. Now I feel full, but with my mind I know I could force more down, because that's what I used to eat.
In short the 5:2 diet HAS reset my apetite.
All the best, and don't lose heart, having less weight will help your ME
I have just started the 5:2 and have loads of weight to loose, so its very motivating reading everyone`s posts. Main problem so far is very cold feet, so I`m lying in bed with dog and socks on. Upside is I`m too busy reading to go downstairs and make my dinner! Just hope I can keep it up.
Try a hot water bottle-very comforting I find. My dog is a bit heavy for lying on my feet
I had terrible trouble with the cold when I started. It didn't help with it being February! I found hot drinks helped more than extra clothing.

You wouldn't want our dog on your feet either Merlin. Shes a massive German Shep! I do have a very obliging kitty though who was happy to cosy up. Very warm and purry.

It does seem to be one of the things that passes though. Well, it has for me! :smile:
22 posts Page 2 of 2