The FastDay Forum

Fasting with Medical Conditions

7 posts Page 1 of 1
Possibly TMI...
16 May 2013, 16:34
I'm supposed to be fasting tomorrow, but late last night I had a nasty attack of diarrhoea, and since then I have eaten 3 slices of bread and honey. I'm not sure whether to try fasting tomorrow or not. If I am feeling better I will just be majorly hungry :starving: , but if not, I won't be able to eat much anyway. Normally I wouldn't, but I'm just frustrated as I missed one fast last week and put on 2lb, I don't want to put on any more :confused: .
Re: Possibly TMI...
16 May 2013, 16:41
To me fasting would seem like a very good way to give the intestines a rest. If it was me I would fast and put off food as long as I could.

A huge part of this is mental, don't let yourself decide ahead of time that you will be hungry. I am not sure I can see why you would be?
16 May 2013, 17:02
I would be hungry because I haven't eaten today. I have ME as well, and tend to feel very ill if I don't eat for too long. But I haven't decided I will be, I just think it's likely ;). Anyway, I will see how it goes...
16 May 2013, 17:17
3 slices of bread and honey.......if you don't eat anything else today that would be your fast day surely.
16 May 2013, 17:59
sorry, I misunderstood, I thought the bread and honey was on top of what you would normally have had, I did not read closely enough. I agree with wildmissus, if that is all you have had then that would make today a successful fast. Then you can eat tomorrow if you feel up to it, right? Hope you feel better.
17 May 2013, 01:04
No worries, I'm always misreading things ;) Unfortunately, I have eaten several more slices of bread and honey and a little chicken. I have decided not to fast tomorrow, and if I am feeling better, I will fast on Sunday instead, but if not, it's not the end of the world, and I'll just start again on Tuesday. Just hoping its not one of those times where I'm ill like this for weeks. Although I would lose weight then, it's really not worth it ;)
17 May 2013, 16:16
I can totally empathize, I had a bout of illness years ago,like that. It lasted over 6 weeks. I lost quite a lot of weight. Not a method I would recommend. Especially since I promptly put it right back on, and then some, as soon as I was well again!

Hope all is well today.
7 posts Page 1 of 1