The FastDay Forum

Fasting with Medical Conditions

9 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi,
Should I wait the general 6 week healing period to resume fasting after surgery. I had a bladder sling put in and of course i got stitches.
I get tired very easy, I'm only 4 days out. I was at fast 7 before surgery. I dont have a great appetite though, should rely on that I guess. I'm so damn bored of not being able to drive or do much of anything.
The walls are closing in on me and I can watch only so much tv. :bugeyes:
Hi,
Should I wait the general 6 week healing period to resume fasting after surgery. I had a bladder sling put in and of course i got stitches.
I get tired very easy, I'm only 4 days out. I was at fast 7 before surgery. I dont have a great appetite though, should rely on that I guess. I'm so damn bored of not being able to drive or do much of anything.
The walls are closing in on me and I can watch only so much tv. :bugeyes:
Hi! I hope you don't mind that I merged your two threads.

I would definitely ask your doctor. This isn't the sort of thing you should be asking strangers on the internet, no matter how well meaning we may be. Please ask your doctor.

I hope you have a very very speedy recovery!
Usually, when there's surgery involved the doctors suggest a certain way of eating for a while. How about asking your doctor if you can resume fasting after that?
Ditto the ask your doctor suggestion.
There is a time for everything, now is a time to heal which if it were me I be thinking is optimal nutrition. Zamale you said your body was tired, sounds like some kips need to be added.
It must be hard for you as there is not only the surgery but the lead up to it as well and post op instruction which might seem endless but well worth the wait to avoid complications.
Luckily these days we are not short of ways to entertain our selves, TV, DVDs, Internet, games reading, writing, radio etc.
There are always recipes to be found and collated for when your dr says its ok to do 5:2
I am glad I found this topic as I am having surgery in the summer and I was going to fast more either side. I read the book on the fast and they talked about how the body repairs itself when fasting, so I presumed that fasting would help get over the surgery. Perhaps I am just being mad!! In the book a cancer patient saw that her chemo went better when she did extended fasting.
Emsy, I wouldn't do that without seeking doctor's advice (AND approval)!!!
You are probably right TML. I might talk to my homeopathic doctor about the idea. I am so nervous about post op problems that I am willing to try anyhting.
9 posts Page 1 of 1