The FastDay Forum

Fasting with Medical Conditions

34 posts Page 3 of 3
Re: Arthritis and the 5:2 diet
15 Jun 2013, 07:05
Just to add that I am back at the gym but taking it slowly. Am walking more and thrilled about this as last year I felt very low with it all. I have learnt to 'listen' to my joints and not to fight it. I do eat some wheat and it doesn't seem to affect my OA.
30 Jun 2013, 10:30
Just to add, that I am now into my 5th week and have lost 7 pounds which I am really pleased about. This way of eating sits well with me and I have to say that my arthritis is more or less pain free at the moment, touch wood! It could be down to the warmer weather and the fact that I am able to walk a lot more than this time last year. I was having to get the bus to go just one very short stop to the tube station close by. So, I am feeling more positive.
As an aside, I have discovered that air conditioning really affects my arthritis badly and it brought it on in all my small joints (wrist and fingers) last night in the cinema. Once I left the cinema I felt fine. Luckily I have my own office in an old building with no air con anywhere thankfully.
30 Jun 2013, 13:00
Hi Kathy glad all your efforts are paying off, my walks are now longer + easier than previous post I now walk 3/4 times per week at least one @5mile the difference is amazing on my health, and its obviously the same for you so we'll both keep it up!!! Also the weight loss is very much appreciated Good luck :clover: Sue
30 Jun 2013, 18:51
Hey all, I've recently been diagnosed with severe knee osteoarthritis. It's a bit of a mystery at the moment as I'm only 34, only about a stone overweight, there is no history of it in my family and I have never had an accident. I know that losing weight can help but in the past I have always exercised to get rid of excess weight, now I know what bad shape my knee is in, I'm too scared to exercise!

I stopped doing the 5:2 diet a few months ago, due to the amount of medication and supplements I was told to take. However, I can really feel my body getting heavier which is exactly what I don't want! it will make it so much worse. I'm starting on the 5:2 again tomorrow so fingers crossed I see some results :)
34 posts Page 3 of 3