The FastDay Forum

Fasting with Medical Conditions

12 posts Page 1 of 1
Constipation - thank you 5:2
04 Jun 2013, 20:42
For all of my life I've had a problem with constipation. I vivdly remember as a young girl Dr Owen asking ..... "when did you last have a movement?" ....... "a what?"...... "a BOWEL movement?"

At the age of nearly 50 a healer informed me that I have an abnormally long bowel, resulting in few bowel movements & them being (TMI) large & compacted.

Now, that explanation made sense, having all my life been a 'once every 10 days' person' (if I'm lucky!) So I thought, at last an explanation!

Until 5:2 ..... I shall always be happy with losing 1st, but actually probably the biggest change to my life is several 'movements' a week :)

I have now been paying attention for several weeks & have therefore concluded without any doubt that ..... I have at least 2 bowel movements on the day after a fast day.

I don't know why that is, is it the fast followed by the food? Or the volume of water? I really don't know. All I can say with certainty is that my body is FINALLY working kinda normal :)
Errr...well done Annie!! I think!! ;) :victory:
Your're kidding? I've gone from regular as anything to nothing for days! Isn't that odd?
I've gone the other way too. Used to be regular as clockwork, never gave it a thought. Now I definitely struggle after fast days and sometimes the rest of the week too. Have a high fibre diet and drink plenty of water so am mystified.
I'm with you Annie! Definitely more regular the day after a fast. What a relief, eh? ;)
My new favourite feast day brekkie and sometimes post dinner thing is freshly stewed prunes (1/2 cup dried prunes simmered in water, a bit of sugar, lemon juice and a cinnamon stick.. beats canned stuff) plus my no fruit natural muesli..

Even prunes didnt do it!
How rare! Most of us have the opposite results...
For those having the opposite result, maybe try breaking your fast a traditional way - with dates.
KataMAc, I tried everything (EVERYTHING) but nothing in the food department works so I am taking lactulose or senna or Colax. I have to take something daily or it gets really bad.
I agree with AnnieD in regards to being more "regular", my sympathy for peeps struggling with irregularity.
Sounds like a potent brew julianna :bugeyes:
When I first started I was all over the place like... well, like a chook with its head cut off! But now things seemed to have settled down to almost normal. Just takes time I guess.
the master cleanse salt flush is a guaranteed remedy... if you can handle it. :)

for me, my green smoothie (which is packed with fiber and water) moves things along quite well the day after a fast!
12 posts Page 1 of 1