The FastDay Forum

Fasting with Medical Conditions

2 posts Page 1 of 1
Last week I posted about my improved Blood Pressure, the labs are in !

History, About 2-3 years ago my physician started me on efforts to improve my Cholesterol numbers. I started on Niacin and then Zocor was added in, mainly to increase my HDL. I have never had a high total Cholesterol or Trig but a consistent low HDL. Anyway, heres three samplings of lipid panel results over the years:

Units: Mmol/L & Mg/Dl

2008: No Chol Meds
Total Chol 4.45 or 173
HDL Chol 0.91 or 35 Low
LDL Chol 2.89 or 112
Trig 1.47 or 131

2012: 500 mg Niacin and 20 Mg Zocor (Statin)
Total Chol 3.36 or 130
HDL Chol 1.13 or 44
LDL Chol 1.78 or 69
Trig 0.95 or 85

2013: 500 mg Niacin x 2, 5 mg Zocor and 2 months 5&2
Total Chol 3.59 or 139
HDL Chol 1.75 or 68
LDL Chol 1.57 or 61
Trig 0.56 or 51

I increased the Niacin to twice daily and convinced my physician I could get along with minimal Zocor in January. Adding the 5:2 WOE and the increased Niacin really seemed helped. My HDL is now almost double what it was in 2008. On top of this my Fasting Blood Glucose has dropped from a consistent 100 mg/dl to 79 mg/dl.

Feeling very pleased, Thank You Dr Mosley and all contributors here, things are going in the right direction, may go off Zocor ....
Thanks Izzy, Yes feeling well, I had already made health improvements before 5:2 but it has taken it to a new level. Things like energy level, breathing, strength and flexibility have improved since dropping 15-18 lbs. But my main goal is still to lower the risk of the serious illness that I have witnessed in others. So maint will be key for me...
2 posts Page 1 of 1