The FastDay Forum

Fasting with Medical Conditions

7 posts Page 1 of 1
My GP reluctantly let me try life without statins 3 months ago, with a blood test which I had last week. Went to see him today, total cholesterol has stayed the same, but. LDL...the bad cholesterol had gone up a bit. He gave me a choice...restart statins or GIVE UP CHOCOLATE....aaaargh
After much internal debating, I reluctantly accept that long term drug therapy is not a good thing, so starting with tomorrow's fast day, its a chocolate less life for me.
To aid this decision, I have eaten the last of the chocolate from the fridge, the decks are cleared...
I honestly cannot remember the last chocolate free day, that tells you something, doesn't it!
Wish me luck....will there be withdrawal symptoms, I wonder..
My cholesterol level is 7 and I will never take statins but I will eat chocolate as and when I want to without worrying. I also eat butter, cream, cheese, eggs and any othe fresh natural food that I want, O.K. chocolate is neither fresh nor natural but sometimes it is ESSENTIAL! :lol:

Good luck

Ballerina x :heart:
Loran meg you might be interested in another recent thread which covered this topic - might be of interest in your situation - just in case this is the link

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=5958&start=0
My OH is reluctantly on a 2 month trial of statins, the blood test to see how they are working and if he can come off them is next week. He has been told that his high cholesterol level is hereditry and can't be controlled by diet alone. If anyone has any helpful suggestions they would be much appreciated. He has in the 6 months since it was first diagnosed cut back on all the obvious culprits.
I'm reading that thread cmce just posted Thank you
I have had good luck with Niacin(Vit B) in raising my HDL and lowering LDL. It does cause some flushing on an empty stomach but I tolerate it with little notice now after taking it for a couple few years.
7 posts Page 1 of 1