The FastDay Forum

Fasting with Medical Conditions

5 posts Page 1 of 1
Fasting and Prinzmetals Angina
20 Jun 2013, 20:55
Hi,
I was diagnosed with Prinzmetals Angina in 2009 and due to meds and eating far too much carbs for last 3 years to boost my energy levels - you tend to be constantly exhausted with the condition! I went from 11 stone to 14 stone.
I've been doing the 5:2 with a sneaky occasional 4:3 since the end of March this year and have lost just over 2 stone.
I was just curious if there is anyone else out there in similar circumstances to me to find out others experiences .
Feeling positive and big hugs to all : :heart:
Hi Scatz68 and welcome WOW you've done so well.
No massive health issues here either but oe in knees + hips but have noticed all getting easier the more I lose so this woe does completely help, I've loads more to get rid of than you so will be on the journey along with you, good luck with your condition :clover: Sue
:hugleft: :heart: :hugright: Hello scatz well done, also interested in you comment of the use of carbs to fuel energy when you are exhausted, too true but such a trap. If you can tolerate 4:3 why not, it's your choice.

Can't help with the angina but its a beast so best of luck & hugs back
Hi Scatz68,
Just wanted to welcome you to the forum. it's a great place to come to learn and have a laugh. I have a genetic cardiomyopathy and take beta-blockers and bp meds. I also get chest pain quite often, at rest and sometimes whilst just walking. I have been losing weight easily and quickly on this woe and less weight to carry around has to be good for body and soul! Wishing you all the best! :clover: :like:
Hi Y'all,
Thanks for the lovely comments - it's good to know that there are so many great people and so much support out there.
Well, third day of fasting this week and about from the odd grumbly tum, all going well. Hope you all have a great weekend.
All the best,
x
5 posts Page 1 of 1