The FastDay Forum

Fasting with Medical Conditions

20 posts Page 2 of 2
Re: Too Much Salt?
19 Jul 2013, 20:41
dhana wrote: To drink or not to drink, that is the ??? Most sites I have read about water retention urge us to drink more water but PhilT says no, don't do it. What is a waterlogged girl to do?

Just fails the logic test. Drinking water when you have water retention is like eating carbs when you're a diabetic - you add the thing you're trying to get rid of. Simple water balance, surely.

Are there any credible sites advocating drinking more water ? or just sites that I would dismiss as "women's magazines" or "complementary medicine" ?

http://umm.edu/health/medical/altmed/condition/edema doesn't mention it. http://www.gericareonline.net/tools/eng ... _15_IN.pdf says "Limit how much water you drink."
19 Jul 2013, 20:51
:clover: :clover: Natural sources of potassium abound in our fruit and veggies. Dear Sue :heart: :heart: maybe this is the catalyst to get you on the journey of getting to the root cause of your problems with your feet. Sorry to hear you are upset hugs across the ethers
20 Jul 2013, 00:05
This sounds so much like me, but not to the extent of shoes not fitting. I lose my ankles as you can't tell where the leg ends and the foot begins. I gain about 4 to 6lb a day in weight when I have leg swelling, but lose it all overnight. I do notice it more when I have wheat based products. So low carbing practically stops it for me. But being weak willed I slide off the 'low carb' wagon regularly.
This thread is a timely reminder to try low carbing again.
I have found that proper sea salt doesn't have the same problems with causing water retention as does refined table salt. You could try some, I use Pink Himalayan Sea salt.
20 Jul 2013, 07:05
A good lymphatic drainage massage might help.
Or do you have those massage chairs in shopping centres which you can put a coin in and have a few minutes massage? it needs to have the piece that also squeezes your calves, they are excellent and work for me.
20 Jul 2013, 09:00
Thanks again Phil :like: for all your links I'm now saving to reread over+over so it all sinks in + to drop to 1ltr a day would be so easy for me to do as I detest the stuff.
Julie I was thinking about your post when I asked for help but didn't sound same, thanks for all tips about carbs + potassium + wheat etc will trawl my way through them before I see nursie :heart:
Thanks once again to you lovely people :clover: Sue
20 posts Page 2 of 2