The FastDay Forum

Monthly Weigh-Ins

158 posts Page 2 of 11
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11 Next
This is really great, thanks for posting.

I've just finished my final day of week one on the 5:2 (fasting mon and thurs) and was considering doing the 4:3 soon. I've lost 4lbs so far and its really important for me to fully understand how things will even out. I'm trying to balance this diet by ensuring fast days contain no empty calories and incorporating more walking into my daily routine.

Yes i think this is a healthy lifestyle rather than a diet!

Keep up the good research!
Hi, I am a new member and would just like to add my thanks to the forum staff for the fantastic stats provided which definitely help to keep the weight loss expections in perspectie.
Nice summary! Thanks carorees, for taking the time to put this up. Having realistic expectations helps to stick with it. It takes time and patience but it will work in the end despite fluctuations.
That's really interesting and hopefully will help people understand that this is not a quick fix. I add my thanks to Caroline and Moogie for all their help :heart:
This is fantastic! Thanks for putting these stats together :)
How amazing that the figures stack up that this is an eating plan for life and not a short term fix "diet". I am grateful for all your hard work and will put some more data in to help with your numbers!! Although I have had a couple of trying days lately, sooo hungry all day and headaches etc, I am convinced to carry on as I need to eat like this. I am away in Spain the week after next and am already planning how I can fit in one fasting day!!!
It gets better, I've not had a headache for a couple of weeks now. Definitely drinking more helps.
After my first fast day, my weight was down 5 lbs! And to be honest, I didn't feel that great. That loss was the result of a massive diuretic effect, of course. It's physiologically impossible to lose 5 lbs. of fat overnight, and it's no wonder I felt shot. A week later, my weight has gone up a bit (3 lbs) and then back down, and today it's the same as it was the day after my first fast: 5 lbs down, even though yesterday wasn't a fast day. So I think it's fair to say that some of that 5 lbs is now actual fat loss.
Hello,
I just wanted to add another thank you for the stats and also for everyones contributions.
I watched the program online and found it all very interesting and it just feels like it makes sense, if you know what I mean.

The program airs in Australia on April 22nd so I would expect to see a lot of Aussies arriving here shortly after that. :grin:
Hi
Another thanks for the stats. They confirm I'm on track. And thanks Aussie_Kaz for the program date for Australia :))
Welcome to the boards, Wineoclock!
Thanks so much for all your hard work Caro and Moogie!
As a long term dieter, I know well that the slower you loose the weight the longer it will stay off, so a pound a week is a good regular loss.The flexibility of choosing the days makes such a difference for me, and I like the feeling of an emptied out system twice a week!
Well done ladies these stats are great and its nice to have details on what's happening with other people too. I live on my own so it’s nice to see others doing the same thing and getting results.
Forward and downward!!
Ok, so I did 4:3 for two weeks, after doing 5:2 for a month,and I personally have found that my cravings are MUCH stronger and I am thinking about food for a lot more of the time. On top of that, not losing more. So, going back to 5:2!
am bang on so, lost 1lb first week and 1lb this week!!
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11 Next
158 posts Page 2 of 11