* The weekly loss is generally small...a little under 1lb per week (data from over 4000 users).
* Some people lose a lot of weight in the first week but then plateau so that after a month or so, such that the weight loss still works out at 1lb per week.
* Some people are lucky and have managed to lose more
* Some people are unlucky and have lost less
* People whose BMI is already in the healthy range are more likely to lose more slowly (around 0.5lb/week)
* People whose BMI is high are more likely to lose quickly (around 1.75-2lb per week)
* Men lose weight faster (1.1lb per week) than women (0.8 lb per week)
For people who choose to fast more often:
* The weekly loss doing 4:3 is only slightly more than with 5:2 at around 4oz more per week (228 users)
* The weekly loss doing ADF is a little bit higher at around 1.2 lb per week (51 users)
Here is a pretty graph showing the average weight lost per week of following the fast diet: (ignore the blip at week 10...for some reason we have very little data at this time point)