The FastDay Forum

Forum News & Announcements

20 posts Page 1 of 2
Happy Fourth Forumversary!!
12 Jan 2017, 18:34
Hey @Moogie @Carorees @Carieoates@Debs @Wildmissus and all of you wonderful ladies and gentlemen! Happy belated fourth forumversary!

Can you believe it's been four years?

I'm currently almost 64 pounds lighter, and so much happier and in control of my eating. Thank you Moogie, for being so instrumental in that!!

Anyone want to tag someone they miss from the old days?
Re: Happy Fourth Forumversary!!
12 Jan 2017, 20:47
I can't believe it is four years! I didn't join until April. I remember the day distinctly. I was in Spain feeling fed up with my weight and spent the day lurking and devouring everything I could on the site before I signed up. I had never been part of an online community before. The rest is history.

I'm bigger than I was back then but not massively so considering I navigated the menopause and had some stressful life moments. I plan to get back to where I was and will fast to get there.
12 Jan 2017, 22:04
I think we all know how that goes!!! Welcome back :-) :clover: :smile:
13 Jan 2017, 18:25
Can't believe I missed this, been so busy and so exhausted. How can it have been 4 years already?
Thanks to everyone for keeping the site alive :)
14 Jan 2017, 00:41
Thanks to Moogie and everyone for support on the site, and Tracieknits for remembering the 4th year anniversary! I think I joined a few weeks before you, Karen, after reading the NYTimes article on 5:2...
14 Jan 2017, 20:54
Happy Anniversary!

I joined much later in the year. I had started 5:2 in April based on a 2-page article in the English Women's Weekly. The idea immediately appealed as something I could do - just have 2 days a week of 500 cal, and no other changes necessary. And that worked.

As the year went on, I did become curious about what info was around on 5:2, and first joined the "official" forum. At some stage I discovered this one, and after a while started posting. I was a member of both for some time,. I liked this forum because of the avatars and having some Info about members - it seemed friendlier. And I learned a lot from the experiences of others, the "learn" pages plus all the links to external sites.

This is the only online forum I belong to. I am not on Facebook or other social media.

Thanks to Moogie and all who keep it going!
15 Jan 2017, 17:30
I joined at the end of that first January, which means that I have been 5:2-ing for nearly four years! I can honestly say that this is the only way, in the whole of my adult life, that I have lost weight and then maintained at or around my target for longer than a few weeks. :victory:
I expected to pile on some weight over the cruise/Christmas/new year period - and I did! :shock: However, I fasted three times last week, unusually for me because I normally never do more than two fasts in a week, and I now have only six pounds to lose before being back at my target of 147 pounds. I love this WOL!
Onwards and downwards my fellow faster! :heart: :heart: :heart:
16 Jan 2017, 09:26
Four years for me as well. Looking at my tracker it looks as if I have been maintaining for the last 2 years although I would still like to lose a few more pounds - holidays just keep getting in the way!Without 5:2 I dread to think where I would be. I'm hoping this is my WOL for life,
16 Jan 2017, 11:01
Happy Forumversary everyone and thank you @Moogie

I started 5:2 in April 2013 like @Sassy1 I also read the English Women's Weekly so I think that and the Eat Fast Live documentary was what got me started. I read this forum avidly, and it really helped keep me on track, but didn't actually join the forum until early 2015.

I have recommended 5:2 to many people, and have several friends who have also made it their WOL. :koala:

Merry
23 Feb 2017, 11:05
Thank you all for keeping the forum alive so I can join it 4 years on from its inception!
23 Feb 2017, 13:15
Yay!! I'm fairly new year, and like Merry, it was also Dr Mosley's documentary that got me started, and I also managed to convince a couple of friends to watch it and adopt a 5:2 lifestyle.
It's so exciting to have found something that is good for our health and actually DO-ABLE!
23 Feb 2017, 22:15
It really is doable!! How many diets do you know where four years later, people are still saying "yeah, it works and isn't too terrible! - I'm still doing it!"
24 Feb 2017, 00:43
Tracieknits wrote: It really is doable!! How many diets do you know where four years later, people are still saying "yeah, it works and isn't too terrible! - I'm still doing it!"

Right?? I am probably gonna bore everyone with saying this all the time, but I'm so excited about this, lol! :lol: :razz:
24 Feb 2017, 00:43
Tracieknits wrote: It really is doable!! How many diets do you know where four years later, people are still saying "yeah, it works and isn't too terrible! - I'm still doing it!"

Right?? I am probably gonna bore everyone with saying this all the time, but I'm so excited about this, lol! :lol: :razz:
24 Feb 2017, 13:04
Oops, I missed this thread. I joined mid Feb and cannot believe my way of eating and life has changed so dramatically. I still fast, though not 5:2 religiously but know it's ok to miss a meal. It's also ok to eat butter, fat and goodies now, just not all the time, mostly thanks to @carorees with her extensive knowledge and encouragement.

I'm currently a stone down and am as low as I've been in 30 years, a combo of fasting and the BSD. Thanks Dr Mosley!!
20 posts Page 1 of 2