The FastDay Forum

Forum News & Announcements

25 posts Page 1 of 2
Well, there have been various requests for additions to the Tracker and I still have a list of things I'd like to do to it when time allows.

As my husband has done himself an injury (bruised rib) we're not able to get out fishing this weekend and I thought I'd make a start on some of these additions.

Now I remember why I haven't done much development on this site in recent months. In the early days things were quite quiet at work (I work from home) so I could develop things in the daytime. I've been too busy during business hours in recent months so couldn't do anything in the day. For some reason I didn't get to do anything in the evenings either. Today I'm reminded - it's because my husband is always playing his silly online Tanks game and constantly jabbering battle/tank jargon at his online playmates. My goodness I can hardly hear myself think.

We've been considering moving house recently and now I feel all the more need to do this so I can have a separate office room away from his annoying game chatter. Honestly it's like having someone sat next to you on the phone constantly.

Anyway, I digress (but had to get a little moan out, thanks for reading!) - I have managed to get a little update done but I don't think I can do much more as long as I keep hearing about tanks!

So, now you'll find a new option in your Progress Tracker Settings Page for adding your Interim Goals. That is to say, you can now specify not only your ultimate, final goals but some in-between goals which will show up as a lovely orange line on your graphs. You can change these goals as often as you like of course, but this way you can always keep your final target in mind, while watching your graph lines approaching the Interim Goal line! Shazam!

If there's a lot of demand for the tracker to tell you how far you are from your Interim Goal & how long until you reach it etc I can do that at some point too.

For now, enjoy the nice new orange line on your graph if you choose to add it. Really that's where my red line should be with a lower orange line (at least for weight), but I'm so close to 'goal' now I just want to reach it and then change it to the interim goal ;)
Great idea for a feature Moogie, thank you! xxx
My OH is terrible for making a constant racket too, not on gaming, just generally!!
Excellent! Thank-you.

But... it's not quite 'optional' - if you leave it set at the default (zero and zero) one's graphs then look spectacularly unreadable (because the y-axis starts at zero)... :)
Do they? Oops! I'll take a look at that, thanks!
Love the new feature Moogie, thanks. I' close to what was my goal - 2.3kg and know thati'll still need to shift some more. Change to interim goal and it's still looking as though I'm shifting it :)
Fixed the problem with goals if they're at 0! Forgot to null the values in the graphs if 0 :oops:
Moogie, excellent idea! since we are on the subject, please bear with me while I'm being thick...

So, I've reached my initial goal but I want to set another one to lose a couple of extra kilos but after I maintain for a bit. Can I switch from weight loss to maintenance, then switch my already reached target to an interim one and then set a new one?
Thank you, thank you, thank you!
This is exactly what I needed.
You are "da best"!
OK, I did it!!! :-)
Excellent stuff Moogie, even though I've long since gone past my intermediate goal & even reached my ultimate goal *bows*, I've still put my intermediate goal on there to remind myself that when I got there I was really happy with myself & feeling LOADS better, so if I pop above my final target weight sometimes I just need to stay in below the orange line :like: :like: :like:
Thanks moogie for all your hard work :heart: its a brilliant idea, I'll now go and have a play. Good luck with that pesky little bit :clover: Sue
Erm ... Tried this out and it buggered up my iPad!! Lost all my saved web sites ... And every time I go into the progress checker it throws me out of the web all together.
Help please!
Azureblue wrote: Erm ... Tried this out and it buggered up my iPad!! Lost all my saved web sites ... And every time I go into the progress checker it throws me out of the web all together.
Help please!

I'd try rebooting your ipad. They can be a bit temperamental at times cant they.

I did it on mine and no probs.love the new orange line. Not that I have a steap downward trend towards it Yet. but I am very patient. :bugeyes:
My partner just found a new game for the IPad, feel like I have lost him as he is on it every waking hour when not working:) Hopefully he will reach the final goal soon.
At least he isn't playing tanks and guns so I guess I can't complain :wink:

Thank you for the new interm goal, will update mine in a few minutes.
Worked on my ipad :confused:
25 posts Page 1 of 2