The FastDay Forum

Forum News & Announcements

25 posts Page 2 of 2

Having read this & the Crossroads topic, what would you prefer?

The site under new ownership and potential for growth
31%
The site staying as it is, under my ownership, ticking over
69%
Close the site down
No votes
Total votes : 39

Although I don't post often, I log onto this site often and I have signed up for the 10 week program with Ways of Eating (hoping some of that money goes to you Moogie and ultimately this site). I vote for Moogie keeping it and maintaining it as best she can.. She has put so much into this site and she has a vision for it that might change if put in someone else's hands. If donations are needed, please reach out to the community. Maybe it won't stay in Moogie's hands forever, but this gives her a chance to slow down, catch her breath, and make a choice from deliberation, rather desperation. Good luck Moogie, and thank you, for all you have done. This is a great site.
Just posting to bring this back into view on the active topics screen. Only 29 people have voted so far - surely there must be more who are interested in the future of this site!
I have been unable to do anything on the site using Safari or Microsoft edge- have just tried chrome as a last resort and it works- Maybe that is why there have not been many responses.
I am more than happy for[Moogie]to carry on if she feels she can.
With the other search engines I got asked to log on every time I tried to post, but the log on didn't work-but it said it had!
btw Moogie, it doesnt worry me seeing ads here and there on the site.. if it can help bring funds in and keep things going, why not and i encourage it.
Thank you everyone for your responses and kind words :)

It looks like stability is what folks want, at least for now. So, I've asked the Boss if he's sure he's happy with me having the site back and he said a great big yes! We'll be sorting out the transfer etc in the coming weeks. Most likely the site will stay where it is for now as the hosting has been pre-paid by the company for the next few months. At some point in spring/early summer I will need to transfer it over to my own hosting to save costs, at which point we may have a day or two of downtime.
Moogie wrote: Thank you everyone for your responses and kind words :)

It looks like stability is what folks want, at least for now. So, I've asked the Boss if he's sure he's happy with me having the site back and he said a great big yes! We'll be sorting out the transfer etc in the coming weeks. Most likely the site will stay where it is for now as the hosting has been pre-paid by the company for the next few months. At some point in spring/early summer I will need to transfer it over to my own hosting to save costs, at which point we may have a day or two of downtime.

What wonderful news Moogie!

2016 Christmas Challenge here we come!
Just a passing thought. Moogie, is it possibie to include those who had offered to take over the site, to simultaneously contribute their ideas and lighten your load? You get a much needed break. They get to experience exactly what's involved?
Absolutely, I'd love to get a few volunteers involved in helping to keep the site updated & dealing with forum stuff (not that the existing moderators don't do a great job mind!).

The load will be somewhat lightened anyway as I'll be scrapping the newsletter (very expensive to run) and probably not bothering too much with the social media side of things, at least for a while. So, there shouldn't be too much to worry about but it'll be good to get a little team together :)
I voted for you to keep it ticking over, I will try and visit more often, but my life has become busier, certain puppy needing walks ......etc etc. Hope that's ok and I believe this what you want ? and I know many here would feel safer and secure staying under your wing.
I actually voted for assistance for Moogie as I am acutely aware of how tough she has been finding everything but I am also aware of how special this site is and how much it's given me and others.
Although my intermittent fasting is, well, intermittent these days, I really value what you have created here. It has changed my life.
25 posts Page 2 of 2