The FastDay Forum

Forum News & Announcements

6 posts Page 1 of 1
More about the errors...
18 Apr 2013, 07:34
Looks like part of what is responsible for the errors is the way phpbb displays users avatars via a script instead of just loading up the image file. I've got loads of work on today so can't look into any addons which change this but meanwhile I've disabled avatar display for guests, to reduce server load. I may also try reducing the number of posts displayed per topic page as a stop gap while looking into server upgrades.

I shall also look at adding an avatar gallery took give users a selection of avatars to choose from if they don't have a picture of their own. Gallery avatars are displayed as normal images so won't cause a problem.
Re: More about the errors...
18 Apr 2013, 08:19
Moogie wrote: I've disabled avatar display for guests, to reduce server load.

Think that's a good idea even if the server wasn't struggling!
18 Apr 2013, 12:09
Looks like things are far more stable now and well within the limits for the most part - maybe 2 or 3 instances of errors since this morning as opposed to the hundreds which were occurring! Guess we may be alright for a while now I've figured that out - plus my host has made a tweak to a server setting which should help greatly.

Will monitor the situation over the next few days and see where we're at. We could well be okay for the foreseeable future like this :)
01 May 2013, 16:57
When can we ever thank you enough for all the work you're doing and for the inspiration and kind encouragement to all of us. Thanks ever so much! Please imagine loads of hearts, I don't see the smileys that I would like to put in.
01 May 2013, 17:47
:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
Is this what you were looking to send to Moogie? :wink:
08 May 2013, 16:43
Yes, Betsygr8, thanks again! We can't send her enough of those, can we?
6 posts Page 1 of 1