The FastDay Forum

Introduce Yourself!

Our Frequently Asked Questions topic will answer many of your fasting & weight loss questions!

If you're new and have a question or need some advice, please give us as much information as you can about your situation in order for us to be able to help you as best we can. For example, it's helpful to know your BMI/weight, how much you want to lose, any medical conditions which might affect your weight and (if you've started fasting already) how you do your fasts in terms of splitting up your calories, what you eat etc. Thanks!

9 posts Page 1 of 1
First day of a new way of life
13 Feb 2014, 16:07
Hi all i'm another newbie to this forum and diet. I'm 51 year old and been over weight the majority of my life. I've had success on other diets but always put it back on and gained even more.
I am really hoping the 5:2 diet will work for me as i'm so unhappy how I look and feel.
Last year I took up running and graduated before Christmas on the C25k plan was really pleased but now find the extra weight I'm carrying is holding me back. I really, really need to loose at least 3 stone and I'm terrified of failing yet again So think I'm going to need a lot of help and encouragement along the way.
Today is my first ever fast day and so far so good . Heres to a new fitter healthier way of life. :grin:
Welcome LuvleeJu
Think of 5:2 not as a diet but a whole new way of life. Its working for me as there is no strict regime and must nots. The progress tracker is brilliant and its up to you how you manage your non fast days. Obviously if you overdo it on those days your weight loss will slow down but I have found that on the days following my fast days I'm not so likely to be greedy. Good luck and happy fasting :-)
Best of luck with it - 100% positive you will succeed - this is just starting my fifth week and finding it much easier than I though...... welcome aboard !
:heart: Hi @LUVLEEJU Welcome to your new WOL yes the one that will enable to to lose that 3 stone :heart: And the reason
I know you Will is because I have. :heart:
Never stuck with any diet out there for more than 3/4 months and I've now done this for almost 10 months and only recently had my first struggle (xmas)
my signature says it all but will be altered tomorrow to input the Easter challenge why not sign up yourself. :heart:
Welcome to the forum @LUVLEEJU. You CAN lose those 3 stones and the key I think is perseverance with this WOE, even when you hit a plateau.
For me this WOE has become a way of life and I for one won't be going back to my old ways....I really, really prefer the 'new' me! Good luck to you and hang in there with the fasts until they become second nature. :clover:
Welcome! I've lost 58lbs with IF (a combo of ADF, 5:2 and 16:8), which I think equals out to over 4 stone lost :grin:
Welcome Luvleeju! you're among people who understand on this forum and will definitely get all the support you need to make this WOL work so just join in and keep posting1
Hope your first fast went smoothly! Welcome to the forum x!
Hi Luvleeju, welcome! I hope your first fast day comes out great. It is weird, but I find myself almost looking forward to a fast day. It feels good and are kind of a touchstone reminding me what real (short term) hunger feels like and that it is not anything to be feared. :lol: I have been here for almost a year and have passed my initial goal and am taking it a little lower. Slowly, very slowly! :grin: How great that you have the running habit going and that you are a young 51. Your weight loss will look even better on you and you won't have wasted so many years not liking how you look or feel. Now, as to the added benefits of this WOL and WOE: you will discover that you have a waist and a trim midsection. Your hips will be slim and shapely and you will look great in clothes! People will have trouble recognizing you! You will have slimmer feet and real ankles instead of cankles. It is awesome! :victory: I can say that these things have come true for me, and I'm 65! :lol:
Stick with it, you'll come to love this forum and the support you will find here. :heart:
9 posts Page 1 of 1