The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

26 posts Page 2 of 2
Re: Survey from Uni of Leeds
07 Feb 2014, 15:50
Very odd food choices I wasn't sure if one of them was cheese straws or maybe pork crackling? & surely it's obvious how sweet or savoury foods are? The only one that I might eat too much of was the garlic bread :grin:
07 Feb 2014, 16:24
Don't think I'll bother wasting my time filling it in from what others have said! :frown:
07 Feb 2014, 16:27
Well, I didn't last long answering as I pulled out fairly quickly. I'd love to see details of their pilot study - if they did one, which I doubt.

Question 6 - are you currently trying to lose weight, maintain weight or gain weight - I hope my memory is right.

None of these as far as I'm concerned though I ticked losing weight to see where it led.

Question 7 - now here's where the survey becomes skewed, no place for the retired then.

The first image - crisps I think. I never eat them (the war you know :wink: ) so I've no idea about fat levels and so on, all I know is they are the most expensive way of eating potatoes on the planet. Brilliant marketing.

The biggest flaw is we are undertaking the survey in a public forum - how far will any of our answers be influenced by other posters?

Poorly designed IMHO but no doubt in a couple of years time one paper or woman's magazine will carry 'Shock Horror' headlines about how little we all know about what we eat.

I wish Nicolab870 all the best.
08 Feb 2014, 00:27
Agree with cally....from what peeps say,think i' ll swerve it :frown:
08 Feb 2014, 00:36
I feel my results will skew the survey because I never eat broccoli even though I know it's healthy and happily eat almost all other vegetables.

Most of the fatty foods also had carbs, so I didn't mind designating them as unhealthy. The only question I didn't like was the one about associating the foods with overeating because they were pleasurable (or something like that).
The way we think about food is really important. As researchers at the University of Leeds we are trying to understand this more, and need to hear from men and women what they think about food.

We have set up a 20 minute survey which involves rating images of food to tell us how you perceive different foods. As a thank you for completing the survey you will automatically be entered in to a £100 prize draw for Love to Shop vouchers.

If you are aged 18 years and over and would like to take part please go to:

Survey 1: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/UoL_Food_Survey1

(The survey has received ethical approval by the University of Leeds, Institute of Psychological Sciences ethics committee ref: 14-0024, date: Feb 2014).

Thanks in advance,
Nicola
Have we not done this already?
Has it been modified?
I did this last week. It was bizarre actually how just going through the survey makes you think, hang on....
11 Feb 2014, 20:57
I imagine that it was probably designed by an undergraduate student in relation to their final year dissertation and agree that the survey was badly designed for lots of different reasons. It is a shame that there was no facility for commenting on the questions which were asked.
19 Feb 2014, 12:54
I started to do it a couple of weeks ago, but ran out of time. I have just done it again and the photos have changed so I wonder if different people are shown different photos. The first time round I had difficulty in identifying some of the foods, this time found, I think I could name all of them. I agree that it would have been useful to have a comments section in order to be ale to explain the answers given.
19 Feb 2014, 13:45
I've just done this. It was longer than I thought it would be and I nearly gave up, but I did finish it in the end. I think people are definitely shown different pictures. I agree a comments section would have been good, but perhaps the students/researchers just want to analyse quantitative data rather than qualitative for their assignment/study. Quite a good idea to target a food related forum as I expect quite a few people will complete the questionnaire.
26 posts Page 2 of 2