The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

8 posts Page 1 of 1
Not a fast day after all.
23 Feb 2015, 14:57
How many calories do you allow yourself to go over before concluding that fast day is a bust?

CT :confused:
Re: Not a fast day after all.
23 Feb 2015, 15:33
Hmmm that's a good question Cyclone. I guess it depends what kind of person you are. I hate to go over 500 but I don't worry about a few cals over. Some people set themselves at 600 cals (usually if they fast more often) others sometimes throw in a 1000 cal day. I guess if you go over your planned amount by, say, 100, then it doesn't look too good!
Go on then...how many calories have you had today?! :wink:
23 Feb 2015, 18:15
I always think of one of our longterm maintaining members @pennyforthem..she says that on her journey down to her goal,sometimes on fast days she wd have as many as 800 cals andcall it a fast day.
I don't think being too rigid is ever good for us in the long run.We need to look at the big picture and if an occasional 600- 800 cal fast is balanced with plenty of 500 or less cal fasts,thats fine
When i go over 800 cals on a FD,i call it a low cal day,and if the hours fit i call it a16:8 low cal day.
Still a v good day if the cals have been kept under 1000 and youve got some fasting hrs to give yr body time to repair x :like:
24 Feb 2015, 07:31
So what happened then?....
Did you binge, or did you get very hungry, or did you eat something by mistake?
We've all done it and as long as it's a low day like Candy says it's better than a 2000 val day at the end of the day.
I was at about 650 yesterday as I got a bit weak at work so had an oxo and some crabsticks. Can't help it sometimes it has to be done.
24 Feb 2015, 07:57
nursebean wrote: Go on then...how many calories have you had today?! :wink:

583 as I couldn't resist the 3 large about to be over ripe apricots in the fridge !
24 Feb 2015, 08:02
carieoates wrote: So what happened then?....
Did you binge, or did you get very hungry, or did you eat something by mistake?

Not a binge and I was completely aware I was going to go over but afterward I wondered if I should eat a bit more and make it a light day and fast on Tuesday instead.

I'm glad to know there is a greater amount of flexibility as I decided to accept it as a wee blip and finish it as a slightly over limit fast day.

Thanks for your replies :oops:
24 Feb 2015, 09:00
Well a fast day isn't a fast day for me when I start hoeing into food :-) however on a serious note, I do 1000 cal maintenance fasts x3 most weeks and I lose weight doing this.
24 Feb 2015, 09:53
GMH wrote: Well a fast day isn't a fast day for me when I start hoeing into food :-) however on a serious note, I do 1000 cal maintenance fasts x3 most weeks and I lose weight doing this.

Ooh that would be nice. Obviously your body is used to this and rewarding you for all of your previous hard work.

@Cyclonet you have the right attitude. Youll get there, we all will.
8 posts Page 1 of 1