The FastDay Forum

5:2 Diet Recipes

4 posts Page 1 of 1
380 cal Tarragon chicken
14 Jan 2013, 11:42
Tarragon Chicken
Delicious poached chicken with tarragon and white wine.
Serves 4

Ingredients
3 tbsps cream
3 medium chicken
1 dash pepper
3 tbsps leaves tarragon
1 dash salt
2 tbsps oil
1 cup chicken stock
1 leeks
240 ml white wine
Directions

Chop three (skinless, boneless) chicken breasts into chunky pieces. Fry in oil until browned, in a saute pan that has a lid. Slice the leek into rings and add to the pan. Saute until slightly softened.
Add white wine and chicken stock, the dried tarragon and some black pepper.
Bring to boil, cover and simmer for about 20 mins.
Add cream, and salt to taste. Serve.

Nutrition Facts per serve
Energy 1590 kj/380 kcal
Protein 40.84 g
Carbohydrate 6.08 g
Sugar 1.45 g
Fat 15.69 g
Saturated Fat 4.851 g
Monounsaturated Fat 7.744 g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1.96 g
Cholesterol 124 mg
Fibre 0.5 g
Sodium 760 mg
Potassium 466 mg
Re: 380 cal Tarragon chicken
02 Feb 2013, 14:26
I'm having this for my tea tonight with a few new potatoes and some green veg :P

It's not a fast day but I've seen so many good recipes on here that I'm adapting them to suit feed/fast days. Its been great because I'm not eating any differently really just adding a small amount of carbs on one day and a pile of veg or salad on another ;)
02 Feb 2013, 15:42
I adapted the recipe from an old ready, steady, cook programme. It's a standby for us. There's often a lot of sauce left, which can be used as the basis of a soup! Hope you like it!
02 Feb 2013, 22:26
It was fab! :P I left the lid off for a bit to reduce it down so it was a bit thicker and I used creme fraiche instead of cream because I never have cream in the house and had it with new spuds, purple sprouting broccoli and french beans.

Hubby really enjoyed it and said it would be good in a bowl with french bread to dunk or dolloped over creamy mash :D
4 posts Page 1 of 1