The FastDay Forum

Fasting today?

Every day there will be a new topic in this forum for today's fasters to chat & support each other.
Please don't make extra threads in here besides the daily fasting threads, if you've got a question please post it in the relevant forum or ask in today's 'Fasting Today' thread, thank you.

29 posts Page 2 of 2
Me too, just woken up and ready to go. Cool and rainy here in France, very hot the day before...what a strange year for weather.
No breakfast for me, just a cuppa tea...milk 7 calories, then I'll attack the ironing. 2crispbread & Philly lite....100 cals as late as possible, then a Hairy Bikers jambalaya for dinner, on a bed od steamed cabbage...300 + 50 and another cuppa. That's 464, just leaves enough for options hot choc later this evening. I'm weaning myself off chocolate, so the options drink is like my Nicolette patch !!
Have a good one, Bon chance,
Fast number four today. Went well! Protein shake late morning, 114 cal. 30 cal of skim milk in coffee and teas. Lunch was 35 cal packet soup. Dinner half can of soup for 156. Still have 168 so I think I can have a slither of cake :cool:
HI all, I'm a Monday faster but I've been fasting today as we had a dinner date yesterday. It's night time now. I've done all right, haven't really felt at all hungry until now. So encouraged by yesterday's weigh-in where I managed to hold my new 'set point' weight under 75kg. I've been under 75kg for a month now, after being over 75kg for 6 weeks before that. So it feels solid. It's really cold here but I had a good afternoon in the garden and even got warm. Now for dinner: prawn omlette; roast vegies from the garden and the bottom of the fridge.
Morning All......(evening to my fellow Aussies but I'm in uk)

Black coffee till lunch for me then a warburtons sandwich square with ham and salad for 140 and hairy dieters lasagne with salad for dinner.

Am home with a poorly little one today so will be extra tough.

Happy fasting all x
I'm in - 7th fast so far for me since starting. Hubby is away on business, and always eats well and so he bought me the most beautiful piece of rib eye steak so will have just water and peppermint tea today and then have my steak for dinner tonight grilled rare with lots of salad. YUM!!! can't wait!
Hi all, fasting today. So far just had teas, coffee and water. Planning on miso soup for lunch and then small chicken & veg stir fry for dinner. Work is quieter today so harder to distract myself from the hunger!

Happy fasting! xxxxxx
Hi all - I'm fasting today, after a semi-blowout dinner of fish and chips last night (WITH creme brulee for dessert!). I'm also doing 16:8 on non-fast days, so I don't feel too bad about what I ate yesterday.

I will exist on coffee with a splash of skim milk and herbal tea till dinner tonight, then will probably have what is becoming one of my usual fasting dinners: a take on the Hairy Dieters warm grilled veg salad with halloumi, then my "fast pudding" of an apple smeared with peanut butter (for which I always save some calories). My DH is away on business too so there won't be anyone to try to tempt me into having a glass of wine (which I always refuse on my fast nights but he still tries!). Then I will probably watch the Barefoot Contessa (I know, the last thing you want to watch when you're fasting!), do the 30 Minute Shred, soak in some Epsom Salts while I watch The West Wing on my iPad, then bed. Nice.
Back to fasting after a ten day holiday. I had a good start to the day as I got on the scales this morning and found that I weighed exactly the same as the day before my holiday started :smile: My routine fast is now 200 ml of 1% fat milk which I add a splash of to drinks during the day if I feel like it, an oxo cube dissolved in boiling water in a soup bowl at lunch time (psychologically a meal??), dinner of less than 400 kcal at around 7 pm and then a hot drink made with any remaining milk at bed time.

Have a good fast day everyone :clover:
Another Fast day nearly over, I think I might have gone a bit over today, I made a "superfoods" salad that included quinoa and bulgar wheat and peas, topped off with a really greedy quantity of King prawns (they were on offer - rude not to)
All in all a reasonable day. Hope you all got through it OK :clover:
My fast day is nearly over too. It went remarkably smoothly today. Fresh fruit with Greek yogurt and honey for breakfast and an Innocent Ramen Noodle Pot for lunch. That left me way more calories for supper than I usually have so I was able to have a nectarine and some rice crackers as a snack, with cottage cheese with pineapple and some ham for supper. I couldn't believe how much food I was able to eat for 500 calories - I kept checking in case I'd miscalculated!
I'm in today too, bit late posting. Didn't do my usual Monday fast because we were out for lunch yesterday but I did do 16:8. Love being able to swap days around. Green tea all day, just had a salad with prawns and poached salmon for dinner and now having a cup of chai with a splash of 1% milk. Will have a 40 calorie hot chocolate before bed. Easy. Come on, you can do it :smile:
Have just finished my fast. Started day with banana followed by nectarine, and home made veg soup tonight which was yummy. Looking forward to brekkie tomorrow!
I really struggled today, on what must be around my twentieth fast. But I didn't give in. Im with you muftanza - Definitely looking forward to breakfast tomorrow!
Well done for keeping going beckie! I had a good day (strange how they vary so much), but I'm def looking forward to a normal day tomorrow! I'm hoping to hit my first target by the end of next week and that's good motivation!
Fingers crossed...
29 posts Page 2 of 2