The FastDay Forum

Suggestion Box

8 posts Page 1 of 1
Fastiversaries
27 Jan 2014, 20:45
It is my fastiversary tomorrow and I know that there are quite a few other members who have reached theirs or will do so in the next few weeks/months. I wonder if we should have a section in the forum for celebrating such anniversaries? I think it would encourage newbies to see that there are many people who have been successfully following this WOE for a long period :smile:
Re: Fastiversaries
27 Jan 2014, 20:47
Start the Fastiversay tent! I've just celebrated mine and am so delighted, I'd love the chance to encourage others.
Also, congrats on your fastiversary xxx
27 Jan 2014, 21:02
Great idea @windsinger123 and@PennyForthem
Would be somewhere to go for those of us not there yet..ive got months to go before my fastiversary! ..would be encouraging to see you oldtimers hitting your fastiversaries! X
28 Jan 2014, 17:09
Lovely idea - glad to see the tent has gone up without problem (I remember how stroppy my dad used to get putting the tent up, in the days before those handy bendy poles & lightweight stuff...)
28 Jan 2014, 17:26
Out of interest, can we work out how many members have already celebrated their fastiversary? I suppose the progress tracker could give an estimate? But it might be fun to have a roll call of the names of those who've achieved this milestone...
01 Feb 2014, 17:00
I started fasting on 4th January 2013. Good innit :0)
01 Feb 2014, 20:15
What a good idea! Congratulations all those who have got there.
True, you will see many old timers now getting to their Fastiversaries @CandiceMarie but OLDER ones too...this one about to be 74.( don't feel it nor apparently do I now act like it having got slim, fit again and leading a very active life all round. Thanks to this WOL!) :like: :like: :lol: :lol: let's let all the newbies know!
Our Fastiversary is 12th January and we are still using 5:2 happily but not quite maintaining yet, but it's the last push to goal. Over 2 stones lost, fat and inches lost and kept off. Back now in Healthy BMI Land. Hardly feels like a year and we have learnt a lot about ourselves.
Among other things, this is pleasurably sustainable and works - unlike the many other ultimately-failing-methods out there called dieting which I have tried over the years.
02 Feb 2014, 07:06
wonder too how many do it within a year!

i remember i had some odd thread about how i think on average people lose 10% of their target weight loss each and every month with most coming off in first 6 mnths... this means if its true, most people should be at or nearly at their maintenance weight within 12 months.
8 posts Page 1 of 1