The FastDay Forum

Suggestion Box

9 posts Page 1 of 1
"Top Rated Posts" - What criteria defines a post as "Top Rated"?

"View new posts" - What defines a post as "new"?

"View unread posts" - How can an unread post have counts for Replies and Views?

"View active topics" - What criteria defines a post as "active"?

thx
I must admit,ive been baffled too about the last 3 questions on yr list@ADfnFuel
Kept thinking it must just be me,being dim...
Any answers anyone?
Always totally grateful and in awe of all the hard work that goes on,by @Moogie and the other wonderful people but yes, i dont understand some of the options x
Unread simply means unread by YOU -- that one I know for sure :-)

I'm pretty sure "new" posts is simply chronological order - most recent posts first.

As for the other two, I'm not positive. It's probably a function of views and replies though.
When I Log on here the first thing I do is click on the 'view new posts' so I can see what I've missed since last time and as Tracie says, the posts appear in chronological order.
Thanks @Tracieknits and @callyanna
Think ive been confused by new topics coz i tend to go straight to active..then when i look at new,it's stuff ive already seen
Tried going straight to new this morning and it now makes sense!

AND i think penny has just dropped re unread - doh! -it may well be a topic ive read but there are new posts on it i havent seen?
My prob is i get topics and posts mixed up! Silly ole me as usual! :grin: :lol:
@ADFnFuel hope this helps you too x
I realized that "new" was in chronological order. But does it mean the last 24 hours, the last week, since the last time I logged in, or since the last time I visited this site?
Yes I often wonder how people use this site. Once I'm on I just go straight to "view new posts" and then continue on my merry way

Bean :smile:
I suspect that the new posts is just from today, because it seems to start short and get longer as the day goes on.

I always use the unread posts link and only go to new posts if I later think that I should have replied on a thread and need to find it again. After all, she reasons, why would I want to re-read stuff I've already read, and if they're new then I won't have read them, so unread is all I need most of the time? Does that make any sense at all?
ADFnFuel wrote: "Top Rated Posts" - What criteria defines a post as "Top Rated"?

"View new posts" - What defines a post as "new"?

"View unread posts" - How can an unread post have counts for Replies and Views?

"View active topics" - What criteria defines a post as "active"?

thx

Top rated = received most thanks
New = newly made posts since your last visit
Unread posts = posts you haven't read yet
Active topics = topics with recent replies

Excuse my brevity, moving house tomorrow, v.busy!!
9 posts Page 1 of 1