The FastDay Forum

Suggestion Box

13 posts Page 1 of 1
Tapatalk
17 Feb 2014, 08:28
Hi Moogie / other mods,

Any plans to put this forum on tapatalk? I searched the old and new name and could not find it.
It is just so much easier on a tablet or smartphone than the regular version.
Re: Tapatalk
17 Feb 2014, 08:33
Just out of interest...what's tapatalk? (Blimin iPad wouldn't let me put that word in...grrrr)

Bean :confused:
17 Feb 2014, 08:43
It's an app specifically for forums for tablets and smartphones and it makes navigating a forum on those devices super easy.

However I believe the forum must register and probably pay to be on Tapatalk.

I currently follow 5 forums, 3 are on tapatalk and 2 not and for me the ones that are on I visit more when I am not at a PC but on a my tablet.
17 Feb 2014, 08:45
Oh is that why it's often so slow on my iPad?

:geek:
17 Feb 2014, 08:46
Tapatalk certainly does not have all the pictures and colours of a normal site so it will be faster to refresh, I imagine.
17 Feb 2014, 08:48
Oh what?! You've gotta have the pictures and colours!

:shock:
17 Feb 2014, 08:57
Hehehehe fair comment, my engineering brain certainly likes lists and content, not that phased by pictures and peripherals.
Interesting. :confused:
17 Feb 2014, 13:06
@Brian1 Have you tried the mobile version of the site? No avatars etc, v quick to load...
17 Feb 2014, 14:10
carorees wrote: @Brian1 Have you tried the mobile version of the site? No avatars etc, v quick to load...

Thanks @carorees
Do you have a URL for the mobile version? It does not redirect automatically, I found an app for ios while googling but I am on an android?
17 Feb 2014, 14:18
I thought I had added a link to the mobile version at the bottom of the site but can't seem to spot it now - will look to changing that again!

As for Tapatalk, I've read a bit about some security issues with it and the fact that it has to be given access directly to our database. Personally I'm not very happy about the idea of sharing the data with a third party and I know phpBB's authors do not encourage the use of it.

In future versions of the forum there may be some kind of app integration, but Tapatalk is not something I'm keen to set up for reasons of data security. Hopefully you'll find the mobile version a bit faster on your device:

www.fastday.com/?mobile=mobile
17 Feb 2014, 14:58
Thanks for the link @moogie I will try that tonight.
17 Feb 2014, 17:48
The mobile site works great, thanks.
17 Feb 2014, 19:27
Enjoy :wink: even if it is without the bells and whistles!

Bean :shock:
13 posts Page 1 of 1