The FastDay Forum

Suggestion Box

10 posts Page 1 of 1
Is it possible to add height to our progress trackers as an option? Lots of various comments about this on the forum and I think it would be a great addition.
Will look into this when I'm back from hols :)
Just being really cheeky and bumping this up - although I'm sure that you have enough to do after your holiday, Moogie :oops:
BMI accounts for the height/weight ratios. I'm not sure of any other benefit of having height displayed?
vebnorahs wrote: BMI accounts for the height/weight ratios. I'm not sure of any other benefit of having height displayed?

It is nice to know the height of people so you can compare weight goal targets and weight loss. We had a couple of threads a while back for people of certain heights and they were very popular.
I agree, yes you can see my weight loss and my BMI but did you know that because I am 5'8" tall that my TDEE is around 2200 which will be completely different from someone who is 5'2" tall with the same BMI and weight loss as me. I feel this information is important when people are asking advice.
Your height is already in the Tracker data. Presumably you mean can height be displayed publicly (if you are showing your Tracker data already)?

You can always work it out from someone's present BMI and their weight:

Height in metres = square root of (Weight in kgs/BMI)
or:
Height in inches = square root of (703 x Weight in lbs/BMI)

So I think Susan (Franglaise) is 1.73m (5'8") - just like wildmissus...
I would also like to see height included in stats for comparison with others, but wouldn't bother to work it out each time .- no good at sums!
dominic wrote: Your height is already in the Tracker data. Presumably you mean can height be displayed publicly (if you are showing your Tracker data already)?

You can always work it out from someone's present BMI and their weight:

Height in metres = square root of (Weight in kgs/BMI)
or:
Height in inches = square root of (703 x Weight in lbs/BMI)

So I think Susan (Franglaise) is 1.73m (5'8") - just like wildmissus...

I don't think it is shown on the tracker info, I've never seen it for other members.
I think it would be nice if it were included in the public info on the side rather than have to work it out by looking at everyone's progress chart...
But yes Dom, I am 5'8" :wink:
Yes I think displaying people's height could be quite interesting.
Wildmissus as we'd said before we both lost similar amounts, similar BMIs - you're doing better than me at the moment but won't hold that against you lol. But I'm only 5'3" which is titchy compared to you - though my normal daily intake is nearer you're TDEE than mine oops :wink:
So I'm going to wear heels & pretend I'm 5'8" :like:
10 posts Page 1 of 1