The FastDay Forum

Suggestion Box

10 posts Page 1 of 1
Opening Links
01 Feb 2013, 21:57
Hi Moogie,

Is it possible to set the site up so that when one clicks on an external link in a post it opens in another browser tab rather than in the tab with the forum in?

I like to open the links and then leave them open for reading once I have finished browsing the forum. If i do decide to read them then and there I then find that I've closed the forum when I close the item I'm reading.

Not a huge issue, I'll agree, but it's a bit of a pain...

What do other people think?
Re: Opening Links
01 Feb 2013, 22:00
In my browser on my PC if you right click on a link you can choose to open the link in a new tab, on my phone it does it automatically...
01 Feb 2013, 22:04
Yeah, I can do that too but I always forget. All the other fora (is that the correct plural?) I frequent open the links in new tabs and I never remember on here.

If it can't be done, or no-one else wants it, then it's not a problem. I'll just have to get used to it. :)
01 Feb 2013, 22:24
What browser are you using, Jemima?
01 Feb 2013, 22:31
Firefox.
02 Feb 2013, 07:37
There are a few addons for Firefox that can let you open things in different tabs. Tab Mix Plus lets you force links to other sites to open in another tab, or there's QuickDrag which lets you click and drag a link to open in a new tab. Or, if you have neither of those, I think you can ctrl+click to open in a new tab.
19 Feb 2013, 13:09
Just seen this post & am now on the case :)
19 Feb 2013, 13:09
Just seen this post & am now on the case :)
19 Feb 2013, 13:11
Done! :)
19 Feb 2013, 14:13
Cheers Moogie, you're a star!
10 posts Page 1 of 1