The FastDay Forum

Suggestion Box

6 posts Page 1 of 1
Adding stats is odd.
09 Jun 2013, 05:12
I thought I'd be able to add two or three measurements easily, but I found I must add one measurement; get pushed to another page; and go back to the data entry page. Could you please change the flow so that it stays on the data entry page until I choose to move away?

Secondly, the data entry page shows a field for kg and a field for grams - which are the same thing. No-one says "1 kg 500 grams". We all use decimals; 1.5 kg, or 1,500 g. Please either allow decimals in the kg field, or just ignore the kg and use only grams.

This way, you won't have to create a whole new page for the 6.5 billion users of kg.
Re: Adding stats is odd.
09 Jun 2013, 07:13
Hee hee I had the same kg problem the first time I entered a weight instead of 76,7 I had 76,007 - took me a while to work the problem out :lol:

You do get used to it though - if that's all that's frustrating in life then I reckon all is well :wink:

(Can't comment about the page thing, it's never happened to me)
09 Jun 2013, 07:57
Stays on the data entry page ok for me! What browser/device are you using?
09 Jun 2013, 09:05
AnnieD wrote: Hee hee I had the same kg problem the first time I entered a weight instead of 76,7 I had 76,007 - took me a while to work the problem out :lol:

Annie - you want to enter it as 76,700. :)
09 Jun 2013, 09:16
There are two fields for weight because the form was set up to serve both metric and imperial users, hence fields for stones & lbs and for kg and grams. The system was developed quickly and I had never expected this place to grow in the way that it has. I simply have not had time to recode the system and folks seem to be used to it in any case. Regarding data entry, for the most part users only need to add one set of data at a time so I never saw this as a problem and your the first to complain about it out of 4000 or so tracker uses! If time allows I'll look at changing it however I do work two jobs as well as running this site (and another!) so don't always have as much development time as I'd like. For some reason my husband seems to expect me to spend some time with him and do the housework too ;)
22 Jun 2013, 15:59
Usability IS cumbersome when you attempt to put many entries in one after the other. In my case, 55 days worth. Given that most only do one entry at a time, it's workable as is.

I found that one way to speed entry up is to use the page-back button immediately after accepting some data; no need to wait for a full page refresh. This keeps the input panel as it was so you only have minor changes to enter a new weight.

Adding import abilities such as CSV files or copy/paste would be nice but definitely adds complexity to the implementation and will without any doubt create other issues.
6 posts Page 1 of 1