The FastDay Forum

Delighted or Disappointed?

33 posts Page 1 of 3
Wow! I can't quite believe it...tried on a pair of size 10s in Matalan and they fit!!! :cool: (OK, OK, I know that's a 12 in 'proper' shops, but still!) :grin:

From our discussions about sizing, I reckon that makes me a 14 in the 1970s which is what I actually was in my 20s! Never thought I'd be this size again! :like: :like: :grin:
That's wonderful Caroline - I do believe UK size 10 is a US 6 - which is even more wonderful.

You must feel (and look) great !!!!!!
Mega congratulations @carorees! You must be feeling (and looking) wonderful! :) FatDog

Edit: Sorry didn't mean to "parrot" our parrot - must have posted at the same time! Hopefully doesn't detract from the congratulations anyway.
Wow! I can't fit in US 6 until I get to 135 lbs! Well done Caroline!
:heart: :heart: Wow Caroline I'd take it as a "proper" size if I was you and enjoy because you've earned the right too :heart:
:heart: :heart: :heart: size 10 bloody hell this WOL is
Truly Amazing :heart: :heart: Sue. :heart: :heart:
Amazing! :victory: how chuffed you must feel :grin:
Brilliant!!! I think we need an up-to-date photo, missus!!!!
[quote="lovemyparrot"] I do believe UK size 10 is a US 6 /quote]

As they are Matalan jeans let's stick to calling it a US size 8!!!
Why did you say "Size 12 in normal shops"? Are Matalan known for coming up big?
Brilliant stuff Caroline!

Bet you are chuffed to bits and so you should! :-)
Wow, so pleased for you Caroline, you must be walking on air.
:victory: :grin: :lol: :victory:
Wow, size 10, fantastic....and I've never considered Matalan to be bigger in sizes.
So happy for you, bet your smile can be seen for miles.
Domane wrote: Why did you say "Size 12 in normal shops"? Are Matalan known for coming up big?

Well, I just assumed so because I have a pair of size 12 PerUna jeans that still fit whereas the Matalan ones in a 12 are too loose. But now you've asked the question, I've popped along to http://sizes.darkgreener.com/ to check!

I found that according to their published size guides, Matalan is actually not the biggest but it depends on whether you're looking at the waist or the hip size! Here are the stated measurements for a size 10 in a few shops (in cm)

Oasis W70 H93
M&S PerUna W69 H93
ASOS W68 H93.5
River Island W69 H94
M&S W69 H94
Matalan W71.5 H95
French Connection W70 H95
Next W71 H95
Jaeger W71 H97
Gap W69.5 H97.5
Dorothy Perkins W72 H98

So, in fact Matalan is somewhere in the middle! Interesting. OK, I'm taking the size 10 as a fact then (as long as I keep out of M&S for a few more weeks!)! :cool: :cool: :cool:
Oh fabulous. You are still shrinking nicely! Congratulations on your new milestone! :like: :like: :like:
33 posts Page 1 of 3