The FastDay Forum

5:2 Cookery Discussion, Tips & Ideas

34 posts Page 3 of 3
I find these noodles in Chinatown, Soho London.I have seen them in every Oriental shop I visit, Chinese, Japanese, Korean etc. So if you have one nearby check it out. They are normally found in the refrigerator section. Today I found the usual ones (like spaghetti)and spinach ones!
Spinach? I dont think so. Most likely seaweed. Shirataki noodles,(konjac) is a Japanese food. Its taken awhile but there are a few companies (western) that have re launched them in supermarkets. They come in a rather smelly fish like liquid that helps keep them fresh. You can find them in quite a few types of noodle forms and the Japanese also sell them in block form,both with seaweed and without. If you live in a country where you cant find them either go to a great asian food shop and ask or contact your local Japanese restaurant and ask them who they know are the wholesale importers they use for most of their food products. Thats what I had to do ten years ago before they were more common.
Hi Aussie Kaz,
We do have them here in Australia. They are called Slim Pasta and you can buy them in the health food section in Woolies. They smell a bit funny and can taste strange until you get used to them. I rinse them thoroughly, then I marinate them in a splash of tamari, a squeeze of lemon and some grated ginger, they taste nice after that and about 12 to 20 calories for the whole packet!
Thank you for the picture - what a great idea!
I have just recieved the hairy diesters cookbook so can't wait to try some of the recipes :)
Am wavering whether to try zero noodles - I will probably pick some up if I come accross them!
34 posts Page 3 of 3