The FastDay Forum

5:2 Cookery Discussion, Tips & Ideas

34 posts Page 2 of 3
Looks like a delicious meal. How many calories are in the potato wedges and how did you prepare them? They look yummy! :cool:
@Tigs33 - sorry if I've duplicated, thought I'd posted but it appears to be gone :(

I would indeed be grateful if you would get them for me, and am moved by such a friendly gesture ..... what a community :)

PM me when you're ready & we'll sort out delivery & payment.

Thank you
PDXShelly wrote: Looks like a delicious meal. How many calories are in the potato wedges and how did you prepare them? They look yummy! :cool:

Here are the counts from my fitness pal - potato wedges were very easy, wash potato, cut into wedges, dry off with kitchen towel, coat in a tiny bit of olive oil, sprinkle with paprika, salt and pepper, pop into a hot oven (200c) for 35 mins - guessing they were about 110 calories with the oil

Looks fab, I'm in Barcelona so no zero noodles here! Will have to stock up next time I'm home for a visit. Do they sell them in places other than Holland and barrat?
AnnieD wrote: @Tigs33 - sorry if I've duplicated, thought I'd posted but it appears to be gone :(

I would indeed be grateful if you would get them for me, and am moved by such a friendly gesture ..... what a community :)

PM me when you're ready & we'll sort out delivery & payment.

Thank you

No problem at all...pm me your address and I will pop them in the post, no need for payment, if you like them and want some more I can send more to you and we can sort out payment for those :-)
MazzaBCN wrote: Looks fab, I'm in Barcelona so no zero noodles here! Will have to stock up next time I'm home for a visit. Do they sell them in places other than Holland and barrat?

I have read that you can buy them from the Chinese wholesalers
Curious about the noodles too...Have you ever had the shitaki (not sure on spelling) and if so how do they compare? I really wanted to love the shitaki ones but I just couldn't stomach them. Something about the texture bothered me I think. Anyway, if these taste different I will look around and see if I can find some!
Hadn't heard of zero noodles (thought you meant "don't put any on your plate" lol). Have used glass noodles in the past. These are non-carb, made from bean sprouts I think. Will go find them at my local Asian grocer and check out the cals. Lovely pic, hat a good idea to post it. Thanks.
Thread about these here: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1262
I though I saw there that they were available in Oz, but you'd need to check the thread...
For those in Australia we have zero noodles here I have seen them in Coles in the diet food aisle. I can't remember what they were called maybe Slim Noodles. I'll look next week when I'm there again.
Tiggs33 what a lovely kind gesture. I'm sure it'll be repaid to you one day. I hope so.
Perhaps a stupid question but what are zero noodles?
I bought ( Miracle Noodles ) from Amazon. They are the same thing. 0 calories, mostly fiber. They are tasteless. Some people are not too happy with the texture....slippery, kind of rubbery and hard to chew. However, mixed with veggies and adding some spice, soy sauce, maybe cook in a bit of chicken broth or chicken flavoring all makes them worth trying to add bulk to your meal. Eaten this way they are not bad at all. I put them in "Miso Soup" and it was a great lunch meal for 30 calories. I added a few chopped green onions which are low cal too.
I read the posts above... I haven't seen them in Greece (that's where I live) but I order stuff from H&B quite often. Perhaps I should try them...
34 posts Page 2 of 3