The FastDay Forum

5:2 Cookery Discussion, Tips & Ideas

34 posts Page 1 of 3
Photo of my fast day meal today
20 Mar 2013, 19:14
Thought some newbies might like to see what could be a typical fast meal....inspired by the hairy dieters cookbook, Cajun chicken with potato wedges and a veg stir fry with zero noodles

309 calories and I added a small amount of mayo and low fat cream fraiche.

Totally yummy!!!
Looks scrummy - its one of their recipes I'm really keen to try
It was very nice and very filling

(Resized the pic so you can see all of it! Lol)
What a great idea!
I think it is a good idea to show members how much food you can eat and you can really only do that with pictures, oh and my plates are quite large..there was a lot of food there and I could easily have added more veg for the stir fry if I wanted a bigger meal.
My supper was pork casserole with a salad and cous cous, it did look big but I think was fine. You're right, with a bit of thought, you can come up with something really nice.
Looks lovely :) where do you buy your zero noodles from? I am in the UK.
I got them from Holland and Barrett, they were on offer, buy one get one half price ;-)
Before they were cooked :cool:

I'd love to find zero noodles, but I' m in rural france & the choice is (more than) limited, have never seen them :(

What a lovely looking plate of food. Looking forward to the recipe section when we can see more of this :)
I've seen these noodles at Whole Foods in the U.S. They look kind of tasteless though. Are they any good?
Annie, when I next buy some (might be in a months or so's time) do you want me to send you a couple of packs? They are not very big ;-)
Rufus wrote: I've seen these noodles at Whole Foods in the U.S. They look kind of tasteless though. Are they any good?

Totally tasteless but they bulk out the food a lot and are high in fibre and water, they take on the flavours they are cooking in (this time soy sauce)
Ahh thank you! I will keep a lookout for them! :)
I don't think we have those in Australia either
34 posts Page 1 of 3