The FastDay Forum

5:2 Cookery Discussion, Tips & Ideas

44 posts Page 2 of 3
Love them - in a lunch time salad, or my son's guacamole, which is to die for, with a mexican meal
Penny i am just like you..i like them but dont often have them
They are so good for you tho...they are on my list of " more of" s for 2014 xx
Love, love, love Avocados! My Mom has a couple of avocado trees, 2 different strains so they ripen at different times of the year. So lucky me ! as long as I visit my mom frequently, I have them throughout the year. :)

Store bought ones come with too many bruises by the time they ripen, even the ones grown in California aren't any better than the ones imported from Mexico.
Adore them. Blend them up with cocoa powder and dates for a healthy choccie mousse. Have served this at dinner parties and people are agast (with pleasure) when I tell them what's in it.

Also love on sourdough with smoked salmon :heart:
Yum to avocados. @rawkaren do you have ingredient quantities for your chocky mousse, sounds interesting.
I know they are good for me and contain healthy fats but just can't stomach them. Bought some reduced a few weeks ago to try again but ended up using them in to make Avocado Brownie Bites. The recipe contains cocoa so they didn't turn out green :grin: but just knowing they were in there I couldn't eat them :oops: .
Bleuuugggghhhh that's what I think of them!
Love them. Had one tonight just with vinaigrette on it. Sometimes mash it on bread or ryvita instead of butter.
Wineoclock wrote: Yum to avocados. @rawkaren do you have ingredient quantities for your chocky mousse, sounds interesting.

Hi @wineoclock. I'm not at home until Sunday so will post the quantities then :like:
Hope you had a good trip home Karen and enjoyed your break in Mallorca. I've seen quite a few vegan recipes using avocados in desserts to give a lovely smooth texture and good 'mouth feel'. Just wish I could appreciate them! Good job we don't all like the same things I suppose!
callyanna wrote: Hope you had a good trip home Karen and enjoyed your break in Mallorca. I've seen quite a few vegan recipes using avocados in desserts to give a lovely smooth texture and good 'mouth feel'. Just wish I could appreciate them! Good job we don't all like the same things I suppose!

Thanks Carol. Lovely break! Stopping over in London for a couple of days. I think we were extremely lucky getting in judging by the news tonight.

It's a shame you don't like avos. I used to blend them into smoothies! It's a good job we are all different. OH despises even the sight of beet root, leave alone eating them. I get into big trouble when I juice them......
At least I've weaned myself on to coconuts and related oil, flour etc and I used to hate it so it's not all bad !
Avocados . My parents loved them so I acquired the taste for them very young, spread on a Plain cracker with lemon squeezed over and cracked pepper is the way to learn to like them @Wineoclock Agree yummy on toasted sourdough and with prawns and smoked salmon. Always have one ready to go in our house.

Try to buy ones some idiot has not squeezed the daylight out of, grrrr, hate those senseless thumb mark bruises, you can tell if an avocado is ripe just by looking at it. Every avocado squeezed is ruined for the next person who buys it.

So I buy green. If not in the fruit bowl as they darken they migrate to fridge, would use avocado every day in some way. Like a banana they are such a wonderful package from nature. Would appreciate recipe @rawkaren. Also juiced beet root is the best ... I know why you persist despite OH. All that lovely pink juice everywhere, beautiful colour and so great for you
I love avocados but steer clear as I am a bit worried about their calorie content. Should I be? I also love coconut milk (the kind in the chiller cabinet with the milk) the brand I can usually find easily is KoKo. Can get it in the long life aisle too
Avocadoes, heaven on a plate! I love them mashed on toast and we make a lot of Mexican dishes so the guacamole comes out very regularly!
When we were in Hawaii recently we stayed in a small hotel and the owner told us not to park under the trees and if we heard a loud bang, it wasn't gun shots but avocadoes falling off the tree. Hence, don't park underneath! We helped ourself from the tree and I ate soooo many, divine!!
44 posts Page 2 of 3