The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

4 posts Page 1 of 1
100th anniversary
04 Mar 2014, 07:47
Today my mum would be 100 years old! :heart: and we are having a family celebration. She isn't still alive unfortunately, she died just short of her 90th birthday and was great to the end. She struggled with her size image most of her life but was upbeat and always on some sort of diet with great aplomb. I remember the grapefruit diet, banana diet and so many more.
She used to say in older age 'don't worry, when you get to 80 it all falls off'! Well, I don't really want to wait 'till I'm 80 so am delighted with 5:2 and not having to stick to endless bananas or grapefruit!
I'm into week 3, struggling a bit but the scales are downwards and have joined the Easter challenge to spur me on.
So here's to an eating life style rather that a non-eating life sentence!
Mary
Re: 100th anniversary
04 Mar 2014, 09:05
Enjoy yr celebration M! sounds like your mum was lovely! And yes i agree with you that an eating lifestyle is much preferable..just the thought of all those grapefruits! Groan.

Interested in her" it all falls off" theory..its cheered me up,coz i assumed the reason i never see really fat very old ladies is that they die coz of weight related issues!
But like you,not prepared to wait for it to all fall off at eighty! Have a great day XX
04 Mar 2014, 09:16
:heart: Well done @Mfh on your new WOL and because like
us you've decided to strike now because unlike you mum
I think we can only get worse with age and this time last year iI was in a sad state indeed with every diet on the planet tried and failed because non were sustainable this one IS deffo and it works you just put in 2 good fasting days each week eat mindfully on the other five days and let this WOL weave its magic on you welcome to the forum and let us know how its going for you. :heart: Sue
04 Mar 2014, 09:30
Hi I have been doing this WOE for a year now and it does get easier, keep up the good work
4 posts Page 1 of 1