The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

5 posts Page 1 of 1
16:8 and Calorie-counting....
30 Oct 2013, 12:32
Do you reduce your calorie intake on a 16:8 day or just eat your amount within a smaller window?
Hi Domane,

I just eat whatever I fancy but I am always mindful of what I am eating for instance, since going on a weight loss expedition over a year ago I made a conscious decision to curb my intake of bread, potatoes, rice, pasta and sugar and not just on a temporary basis til I'd lost weight. I still eat all of those things but no longer in the quantities or frequencies that I used to indulge, they are all just a now and again thing rather than an every meal thing.

I have yet to eat today and I am now getting hungry so I shall eat about 1 p.m. Which means that I last ate at lunchtime yesterday, a fast of about 22 hours. It varies on a day to day basis so if having an early window is what suits you then that is fine. Good luck,

Ballerina x :heart:
I eat my TDEE but its sometimes hard to fit it all in within the window. I had breakfast today so will be eating at lunchtime, and maybe a mid afternoon snack and then I'm done.
rawkaren wrote: I eat my TDEE but its sometimes hard to fit it all in within the window. I had breakfast today so will be eating at lunchtime, and maybe a mid afternoon snack and then I'm done.

Sounds like a good plan to me,

Ballerina x :heart:
On a 16:8 day I just eat within the 8 hour window and eat what I like. I tend to look at my food intake over a 7 day period rather than on a daily basis, so that allows for more freedom to go over/under on a particular day.
5 posts Page 1 of 1