The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

14 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi all,

I've had a few months off now and of course I now weigh more than I did when I first started. Pressure of work/study got to me then when I tried to start again the dreaded SAD hit me like never before. Still struggling a little with that but I'm hoping the worst is over and it's time to be the me I want to be.

It's my birthday tomorrow so the overindulgence may well continue for a couple more days :oops: so I'm planning my first fast of the year for Thursday.

My new year, new plan for a new me still has a few holes but so far is;
5:2 - Monday and Thursday fasts normally.
16:8 at the weekends
Sort out some sensible packed lunches (I don't tolerate wheat terribly well so need to avoid sandwiches).
Find some good recipes for rice noodles
Do some more exercise - any exercise. I'm planning to learn to dance, find space for my rowing machine and do some strength training.

I'm not giving up. I need to make this work.
:smile: That's great phoenix77! Looking forward to reading about your success in 2014
I am just returning as well. What I have learned is that the most success I had was two set days 6p-6p. And avoid white carbs at all times. And virgorus walking 3/4 days. Also liked kettlebells. My motto, keep it simple to keep it sustainable.
:heart: Welcome back @phoenix77 :heart:
Well it sounds like you've got some good plans for your future its good to have plans + goals they give us something to aim for :heart: Happy Birthday for tomorrow and will look around for you fasting next week, why not pop into the valentines challenge to give you some motivation but don't pledge too much as I think I may have done
because I've not made my xmas goal yet :shock:
Will have to get my skates on. :heart: :heart:
:party: :present: :cake:
Well done phoenix on trying again and having a plan ready to reach your goal. Happy birthday for tomorrow too!
welcome back phoenix. Each time you attempt, you have a better chance of succeeding!
You have a plan and the help and support here to help you stick to it.
Good luck and do let us know how you get on
:clover:
:cake: Happy Birthday Phoenix77 :cake:

Have a fab birthday but don't overdo the :cake: :grin:
Hey @phoenix77 we joined on the same day, so welcome back! Sorry to hear you've been subject to the SAD monster, think there are quite a few others on here too. As Sue says, though, you've got a plan worked out which is always better ... And she's right re the Valentine's Club too. And Happy Birthday - enjoy it, then you can get back on the wagon properly :bugeyes:

@clairemarie - another returner as well - the more the merrier!

And keep posting - it's good to see you both back :like: :clover: :heart:
Welcome back to @phoenix77 and @clairemarie
Great that you both know what to do to get back onto the 5.2 wagon. I look forward to seeing your progress.
Welcome back to @phoenix77 and @clairemarie
Great that you both know what to do to get back onto the 5.2 wagon. I look forward to seeing your progress.

Whoops. Don't know what happened there. Had forum meltdown warning then my post appeared twice, I may have hit submit twice sorry.
Just a quick post to say I'm still hanging in there. I seem to have had one health problem after another for months which is making fasting difficult. So far I've had sciatica first on one side then the other and I've sprained my wrist badly enough to be living on painkillers for what seems like forever. Now I have some sort of chronic fatigue problem which I'm waiting for blood test results for.

With all this going on I haven't been as strict as I would like but I have been sticking to two days of lower calories and 16:8 at the weekends. I've managed a few 500cal days but not many, I just can't cope with it with the strong painkillers. I may not be sticking strictly to the calorie limits at the moment but I'm still doing what I an and as soon as the tests are all finished I'll be right on track. At least I have managed to keep the routine of two lower days and at least two 16:8s which has got to be better than nothing right?...
@Phoenix77 16:8 and low calorie days are good for you at this moment in time so don't push yourself or you'll add more stress to the mix = not good.
You've had loads going on this year and you're doing great on 16:8 in my opinion they're sort of semi fasts and your body must be gaining the health benefits for fasting
daily for 16hrs.
:clover: :clover:
Phoenix i empathise as i have same health probs..sciatica and CFS..(well i hope it turns out you don't have CFS after all x)
Good luck with restarting..you can be a phoenix rising from the ashes!
I havent done great the last 3 months...have been losing and putting on the same few lbs since January
Lets both pull our socks up and get on with it! But yes, be gentle and kind while youre in pain,maybe just 16:8 for now?
I am actually on my 2nd time round. I lost weight and stopped this woe after I found the fasting a little tough going . I ended up putting all the weight back and then some gasp.I set my mind back to losing the weight again and lost a couple of kilo's with normal dieting and then decided to try this way again. I am on my second week. I hope my frame of mind continues because this is a good way of losing weight if you can keep your mindset right. It's the mind that gets in the way ,that and the food calling ; eat me :grin: . Good luck with your 3rd attempt and others restarting also . xx
14 posts Page 1 of 1