The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

3 posts Page 1 of 1
4:3 Success?
21 Oct 2013, 03:59
Hi All,

I started the 5:2 in April this year with the view of losing around 2 - 2.5 stone. At my last weigh in around 3 weeks ago, I had lost around 12lbs. Although Im happy to be heading in the right direction I'd be lying if I said it didn't frustrate me a little to be below the 1lb per week average. I wondered whether anyone else found themselves in a similar situation and tried the odd 4:3 and whether this helped to speed things up a little? I would rather not do a 3rd fast as it would fall on a sunday and I always find it more of a challenge without work to keep me busy but if it means the scales will dip quicker then so be it! :starving:

Thanks in advance!

Lucy
Re: 4:3 Success?
21 Oct 2013, 06:29
Hi Lucy,
I haven't done a 3rd full fast because my weekends are sacred ( food and wine wise) but since not eating till lunchtime on my other 5 days my weight loss has sped up a bit. Maybe try a 16.8 on some of your other days?
Re: 4:3 Success?
21 Oct 2013, 07:47
Lucy I swear by 4:3, 5:2 is only maintenance for me - I lost my weight by 4:3. I do Sunday but I love doing a Sunday fast - get up way later than normal, then eat when I fancy it - used to be a big bowl of vegie soup (70 cals very filling), but now I'm lazy and tend to have a protein bar (lower cal one), about 11am + lots coffee. Get about my day then have dinner earlyish 5-6pm with the rest of the cals and bed early. Good luck - give it a try and if u hate it, try something else. Look up Dr Krista Varady's research.
3 posts Page 1 of 1