The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

6 posts Page 1 of 1
4 o clock dip anyone?
02 Oct 2013, 11:45
One of the several pleasing effects i am noticing from 5:2 is that i am not getting that horrid 4 o clock dip these days
Anyone who gets it will know it makes you feel grouchy, tired,cold,empty,and miserable. An apple or orange doesnt cut it,you have to have something carby/sweety and calorific.
the man in my life said to me the other day,What's happened to your 4 o clock dip? I could tell that he was quietly happy not to have to deal with midafternoon grumpy me any more! ;0)

Overall i feel as if my body is giving a little hop and a skip as everything feels more balanced internally! Does that sound mad? My body seems happier.
Learning so much - even patience like Julianna just mentioned on another thread - learning that i can wait til next day for something i want..I was always an" instant gratification" girl..now becoming a fan of " delayed pleasure" and then sometimes finding,its not what i wanted after all! X :razz:
Re: 4 o clock dip anyone?
02 Oct 2013, 12:38
I hadn't noticed actually, so that means you must be right :cool: I think its a bit easier now I work for myself though as when I was working in an office, there was always cake and stuff hanging around which made it rather easy to satisfy those 4pm cravings, so maybe I'm not a great example. Be interesting to note what happens at 4pm today for me!
02 Oct 2013, 13:50
I used to be 2 o clock dip, which I called the 'sleepy phase'.

I don't get this with 5/2. Ok some days I could easily have a nap but that is usually hormonal/migraine and not the carb slump after lunch !
02 Oct 2013, 15:00
Ditto I think. Y mood swings are less and I might be easier to live with. But am under a lot less stress and pressure too. Totally agree with your comment Candice
02 Oct 2013, 17:47
:lol: :lol: :lol: I read the topic title and thought you were handing out dips with nibbles at 4pm.

To answer your question - no, I don't slump in the afternoon but my husband would say I am grumpy all the time - pots and kettles!
02 Oct 2013, 19:47
Hehe wildmissus!, youre welcome to pop in for dips n nibbles any time :0) x
6 posts Page 1 of 1