The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

6 posts Page 1 of 1
4th fast and a struggle
29 Jan 2014, 17:31
Only venting really but wow today has been hard. I've felt tired and rubbish, just eaten my tea a fuller for longer chicken tagine and dreaming about something fat and juicy lol

It kind of reminds me of giving up smoking in that some days are a breeze and others a complete nightmare. I may have an earlyish night and have a normal day tomorrow, and my second fast of this week on Friday.

I stupidly forgot about my count on us pizza ....but have ear marked it for Friday, so that is something lol

I wonder are there any boiled sweets that people have just to take the edge off that aren't majorly high in calories?
Re: 4th fast and a struggle
29 Jan 2014, 17:48
Claire, sorry you are struggling, I can recommend Werthers Sugar free at about 9 cals each and Ricolla sweets at about 6 cals. If it's any consolation it does get easier and it does work if you stick with it. :clover:
29 Jan 2014, 17:57
It's odd how our brains work. Like yesterday was a non fasting day for me and I could eat what I wanted and didn't fancy much. Today I'm fasting and I want everything.

I just keep telling myself tomorrow I can eat what I want.

I find sugar free sweets tend to be lower in calories, just hunt around in your local supermarket and read some packets.
29 Jan 2014, 18:02
Oh thank you Sian, those werthers sound perfect for what I am looking for x
29 Jan 2014, 18:04
Puny wrote: It's odd how our brains work. Like yesterday was a non fasting day for me and I could eat what I wanted and didn't fancy much. Today I'm fasting and I want everything.

I just keep telling myself tomorrow I can eat what I want.

s.

Yup that's totally where I'm at lol

Yesterday I was struggling to think what to have for lunch and ended up with a toast bagel, what I wouldn't give for one now lol.

But I'm planning a treat tomorrow....a KFC :grin: ...already entered into my fitness pal so I can sit and look at the words..... Wicked zinger box meal :razz:
29 Jan 2014, 18:37
Sorry that you are struggling with your fast - they do get easier for most of us! Keep busy and drink lots!

Watch out for sugar-free sweets - sometimes they are loaded with sorbitol which can have a disastrous effect on your bowels! Eat them in moderation! Over-indulge at your peril! :bugeyes:
Good luck! :clover:
6 posts Page 1 of 1