The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

8 posts Page 1 of 1
5:2 and 16:8 together
28 Oct 2013, 11:32
Hi

I've been thinking of combining 16:8 method on the days where I am not fasting to try and boost my weight loss.

Kind of do it already on my 5:2 days where I don't eat until 12ish then have a lunch and later tea before 7pm then eat nothing until following day (normally mid morning).

Has anyone tried this?

Thanks

Lea
Re: 5:2 and 16:8 together
28 Oct 2013, 11:34
Yes. Me along with lots of others here. It's actually quite hard to eat all your TDEE in an 8 hour window as well as giving your body longer in 'repair'.
28 Oct 2013, 11:38
Hi Barney, I have been doing a few days of 16:8 each week in addition to the 5:2 and it works really well. Helped me off a few plateaus. Rawkaren is right in saying it is super difficult to eat all your TDEE in the 8 hour period. Good luck! ta, pm
28 Oct 2013, 11:43
I'm doing 16:8 twice a week in addition to my two fasting days, and that is working quite well. Before I introduced 16:8 last week, my weight was beginning to creep up again at the rate of a pound per week. That was even with the big 36 hour zero calorie fasts that I do once a week, which showed that 5:2 on its own was no longer working for me.

However, the result of doing 16:8 for a week is that I've now lost two pounds since this time last week. If I keep getting results like that, I will certainly be happy because it also stops me from over-indulging at breakfast time and having those Full Scottish breakfasts that were starting to creep in once again.
28 Oct 2013, 11:50
Thanks all, its the news I needed to hear.
I figured that by restricting to a 8 hour window I will struggle to eat all my tdee cals so will boost weight loss. Fingers crossed. Its fast day 1 today so will be doing 16:8 tomorrow and weds before fasting thursday and weigh in on Friday! :)
28 Oct 2013, 12:29
@ballerina has done a whole thread about this back in May ... See below

5-2-diet-chat-f6/topic5557.html

She is the expert - am sure she'll be along soon to answer any questions :lol: :wink:
28 Oct 2013, 13:15
Hi Barney,

Yes, I do 16/8 every day as my maintenance plan and my weight is very stable. It is SO easy, just skip breakfast and don't nibble late into the evening. Good luck and do have a look on the thread which Silverdarling posted, there really is a world of information on there, good luck,

Ballerina x :heart:
28 Oct 2013, 13:36
Hi Barney 77 and Welcome :heart:
Ballerina got us all hooked on this for a few days each week,
I'm doing 4:3 plus 2 @ 16:8 and its so working for me.
I use this one especially on the days when eating out at night i fast all day then my evening meal out including an indian buffet well i know i cant eat all my TDEE which is still over 2000cals including wine :heart: :heart:
I'm repairing a holiday damage of 5kg so will be using this for 3 days plus my 3 fasts this week because i'm eating out one evening, That's the best of this WOL its very forgiving and very sustainable for the longterm which is just as well because i've a very long way to go, but the differance this time is that i now know i will make it to my goal :clover: Sue. :clover:
8 posts Page 1 of 1