The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

12 posts Page 1 of 1
5.2 mentioned on "this morning"
09 Jan 2014, 11:39
Talking diets "on this morning" with Dr Dawn Harper, from embarrassing bodies.
Worth a watch, talked about sugar addiction amongst other things.

Breatharian - starvation - no food No water DONT DO.

Paleo/caveman - in evolutionary terms we can have short periods of starvation.

:like:
Touched on 5.2 and that Phillip Schofield has been on 5.2 and found it great as it is easy and it has reduced his appetite too. She said she was initially cynical about the insulin reduction providing reduction in breast cancer risk. But now having spoken with scientists she believes it to be true that 5.2 has benefits over and above weight loss. :like:

Monomeals - only eat fruit and veg, only one type per meal, eg only strawberries for breakfast. Not a great idea, as no other food groups.

Alkaline diet - only eat alkaline foods, spinach, gigs, broccoli, no alcohol, refined sugar, low.
First time I've seen 5.2 on tv.
Well, like most folk on here I have tortured myself over the years with the latest fad diets but since autumn 2012 ( that sounds a long time ago now that we are in 2014 ) I have been doing IF and I cannot see me ever stop doing it. Why would I? It has given me so much and taken so much away, 2.5 stone of fat to be exact and kept it off. I'm in for life, hopefully a longer and healthier one now. :grin:

Ballerina x :heart:
Ballerina wrote: Well, like most folk on here I have tortured myself over the years with the latest fad diets but since autumn 2012 ( that sounds a long time ago now that we are in 2014 ) I have been doing IF and I cannot see me ever stop doing it. Why would I? It has given me so much and taken so much away, 2.5 stone of fat to be exact and kept it off. I'm in for life, hopefully a longer and healthier one now. :grin:

Ballerina x :heart:

i think many here once they have given 5:2 a good shot, say over 3 months and seen good results, will never consider just going back to what they were doing before. as you say. why would anyone. it just makes such sense.

I had a bit of an eating frenzy day if truth be told and actually can feel excess food in my stomach if that makes sens.

No idea what triggered it but i feel rested in knowing tomorrow will be my second fast day of the week so by Saturday a.m. all will be fine again. I was thinking during the day what if there was no stopping my feeding frenzy and i had no repair days in my week. That would be torturous more than the occasional feeling of hunger on fast days.
They weren't slating 5.2 it was about the other diets and Philip felt compelled to mention 5.2. I've just tweeted him, wonder if he'll answer.
Ooh Caroline are you on tweeting terms with Phillip?
Some of the diets you list just sound too gruesome to contemplate!
It's just a shame 5:2 got mentioned alongside some pretty wacko diets, tarring it with the same brush.

"Breatharian" - ???? :bugeyes: :shock: :silly:
Years ago when Philip Schofield was on children's telly I wrote him a fan letter basically asking if he had a girlfriend coz I'd be interested - LOL :razz: - he sent me back a signed photo and a note saying 'At the moment I do have a girlfriend but if the situation changes I'll be in touch' - LOLOL :lol:

Never heard from him after that though. :cry:
I will have you know that I am being followed by Peter Andre.

Yes I know he's not everyone's kettle of fish, but he's from my teenage years, and I may be sad. But I tweeted him before Xmas saying "don't follow me my life's not that interesting" they're always getting asked follow me , follow, me all the time. He follows 5k people am I'm one of them WOOP.
Caroline - that's impressive! :like:

I thought I was doing well for being followed by Stephen Fry :lol:
lizzieh wrote: Caroline - that's impressive! :like:

He's brilliant. How many does he follow Lizz
carieoates wrote:

About 51k! So I'm not actually in a very select group, sounds good though :grin:
lizzieh wrote:
carieoates wrote:

About 51k! So I'm not actually in a very select group, sounds good though :grin:

Like I say I will take that.
12 posts Page 1 of 1