The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

2 posts Page 1 of 1
I'm back from 2 mini-breaks in quick succession (like buses!) staying with friends. Masses of good food, lot of booze and general relaxation in fabulous company. Erratic exercise - a lot of walking some days and a lot of blobbing on others. Fasting abandoned, of-course - the only consistent factor in these last 2 weeks was that I did 16-8 most days.

Came back expecting hideous weight gain but, in common with many others, that hasn't happened. I weighed myself this morning after a fast day yesterday and I appear to have lost a pound. I'm a bit tentative about this because my weight seems to be all over the place (I thought I'd put on 3lbs the day I came back). Not helped by the fact that I weighed myself on my friend's scale - big mistake, cos no two scales give the same reading.

The thing I'm very pleased about is that 5:2 passes the sustainability test yet again - it really does seem practical for the long haul, particularly with the inclusion of 16-8 (which I think had nothing to do with the original Mosley plan?).

Be that as it may, I'm happy. Woo-hoo! And way-hey! :smile:
Well done I love hearing stories like that especially when there's a holiday on the horizon :heart: I don't think I'll be that lucky but I know that I can get back on board on my return with no problems whatsoever.
Never weigh-in again on someone else's scales as you say no 2 pairs are the same. On a recent visit to the nurse her scales weighed me
5 lbs heavier :shock: no probs coz I use my figures to go by.
So Good Luck whilst you get back on board :clover: Sue. :clover:
2 posts Page 1 of 1